Thread: So What C&R Weapons are you Using?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So What C&R Weapons are you Using?

Err, going to use in our upcoming shoot?

I'm going to use my M1 Garand with Winchester receiver for the Self Loading Rifle part of the competition. Using my Schmidt Ruben for the bolt gun and my Belgian Police Hi-Power for the handgun.

So speak up what you are you going to use, post photos if you have em!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I will be using the 1903A3 for the bolt gun, Garand for the auto. I can use the same ammo for both and for the handgun a 1911 made in 1917.

I do not have pics of these yet.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Err, going to use in our upcoming shoot?

I'm going to use my M1 Garand with Winchester receiver for the Self Loading Rifle part of the competition. Using my Schmidt Ruben for the bolt gun and my Belgian Police Hi-Power for the handgun.

So speak up what you are you going to use, post photos if you have em!
    Same as you but no handgun, the (3) 45's and (1) 9MM available to me are either match weapons or to new.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Same as you but no handgun, the (3) 45's and (1) 9MM available to me are either match weapons or to new.
    Going to be hard to do the pistol leg of the over all then. Might I suggest a Makaraov or even the Nagant revolver as acceptable and not too expensive a handgun that will fit the classification.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Well change of plans I will be using an East German MAK. The 1911 has been updated to modern stuff.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 05-03-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm doing it poor-man style.

Soviet 91/30 - surplus Hungarian light ball
    Romanian 1958 SKS - Wolf FMJ
    CZ-82 - Silver Bear FMJ
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Aim surplus and classic arms and some other places have German P1 or P38 pistols for under $400. A CZ-82 would be cheap but you'd have a new caliber.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Aim surplus and classic arms and some other places have German P1 or P38 pistols for under $400. A CZ-82 would be cheap but you'd have a new caliber.
    Good point FunkyP. Aim's P1 Pistols do qualify for 03 CR&R status. These are virtually new weapons I would expect them to work well with more than passable accuracy.