Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Toast with COFFEE!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    So Wayne was a sailor, well that got my vote...uh if I could vote for him

He makes cute kids too, pretty little girl there. Don't know much of nothing about him but DeLauro was never on my list of people who should be saved if the world was having a calamity and only the good could climb onto the Ark. Not Christian of me I know but she grates on me like a a cup full of used kitty litter in my mashed potatoes.

People like her is why I shoot and the Walker just happens to be a very fun gun to shoot. It blows away the tension and lowers my blood pressure the way some people do when they play pool or knit a sweater. Of course the fact that people like her who are rabidly anti-gun makes it sweeter that I can do it at all.

Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
    Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
    Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
    Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
    Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
    Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
    Voted NO on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
    Voted NO on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
    Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
    Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
    Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
    Close the Gun Show Loophole; restrict show sales. (May 2009)

Just a short list of why she should be out of congress. Oh, oh, there I go getting all radical again, forgive me. Go get'em Kathy. Besides you know this stuff about her better than I do.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Yep...

We ran into a guy shopping for the campaign and he quoted the late Gov Ella Grasso... on Rosa Delauro... "without her looks what are you left with" Says it all

Lord God almighty Kathy, I was trying to eat supper here. What a way to put me on a diet.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Just trying to help out...

Oh you is a red head for sure, a rascal to the bone.

THUCYDIDES.

Thats for sure OG, I can help it thats how God made me.

I am on day two of this diet I found to get diabetes UNDER CONTROL. And Hey it works! Im on day 2 yesterday my levels were in the 90's all day and this morning it was 105 as opposed to the 130's it has been for some time.

http://www.bartonpublishing.com/

http://www.diabetesreversed.com/

You are doing good, my doctor would be happy to see me get to the 130 level. I'm happy when I get below 150, partly from being sick and from my back hurting and making me be inactive. Whatever you are doing keep doing it.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    You are doing good, my doctor would be happy to see me get to the 130 level. I'm happy when I get below 150, partly from being sick and from my back hurting and making me be inactive. Whatever you are doing keep doing it.
    Click on the links, send me an email and Ill email you the diet plan. Its very simple and even if your type 1 it will help you.

Even how you cook the food makes a difference. Ive been using a crock pot because you cant cook the meat over 250 degrees and there is a list of what you eliminate in the first phase. It want be expensive and you eat small amounts in no longer than every 3 hours so I am not feeling hungry or deprived at all.

Its WORKS! My glucose level has not been over 110 in 3 days.

edit: and you only need the most moderate exercise, walking around etc. the only way your glucose level will plunge too low is excessive excercise.
    Last edited by kathy; 10-13-2011 at 06:41 AM.

I sent the plan to you. It works! Read carefully type 1 cant do the first 2 phases, but the info is useful in planning meals.
    Last edited by kathy; 10-13-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Very similar to the plan the dietician gave me but it fails when I forget to eat and then I hog out at super time or when I am supposed to go to bed. It's partly from feeling lousy due to the parathyroid thing I have going with me and partly because I am a dummy. I thinks maybe I better get with the program though.

What can I say, I only claim to be good looking, not smart.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Very similar to the plan the dietician gave me but it fails when I forget to eat and then I hog out at super time or when I am supposed to go to bed. It's partly from feeling lousy due to the parathyroid thing I have going with me and partly because I am a dummy. I thinks maybe I better get with the program though.

What can I say, I only claim to be good looking, not smart.
    Your good looking and smart, you just need to prioritize.

I think of the horrible health consequences and set a timer. Its tough at work, but I have been just excusing myself and getting my lunch cooler and having a quick bite. The meal plan has you eat 1-1/2 cup of food at a time. It only takes a min or two.

Best thing your energy will come back.

HDR back in the house

Hey HDR, I see you posting again, Glad to see you back. How are you, not mellowed out to much I hope. This cornbread muffin with lots of butter and a large cup of campfire coffee for you. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/d...ipe/index.html

Sorry the spoon won't stand up properly, I accidentally put the prescribed amount of water in the pot. I promise I will do better next time.

THUCYDIDES.

OG....whats the size of your freezer?? I got 460 pounds of moose meat that needs a room. Jesus christ.... I was not prepared for that kind of meat load this year. During years of moose hunting our "moose team" has tried to even out the load of meat. I have been on the short side for a couple years, so the team leader said I was the one to get the most this year.... Moose meat is good. Very good. But I guess you can see the problem. Ill deal with it.... Its still hanging to reach the tenderness I want. So I got time to find a couple of big freezers. I took one of the bigger hearts and put it in salt for 10 hours. Its hanging outside for drying... Little one loves it.

The hunting was very good this year. We got 11 in 6 days. I didnt see too many though. Im one of the dog guys, and we seldom see that much moose. We are the ones the moose are running away from. I did see a few though and managed to shoot the last one on our quota... Belive it or not, we didnt have one single day of rain. Just sunshine all the way, cold, but sunny. Lot of food and.... water.. to drink.

Lutefisk season is almost here, the "rakfisk" season is on. So is the "smalahovud" season. I dont eat that sheephead stuff though. In my opinion that is not necessary during peace time. I wonder if that tradition is alive amongst the Norwegians in the USA.

So whats the news arround here? No broken legs or anything? Anything about BT`s deerhunting yet? Havent scrolled up to see...

Ok, bedtime...
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Glad you met with success Hedning.

Mmmm. Moose meat. My uncle from Alaska gave me some years ago. Not bad. I still prefer elk, but that moose wasn't bad at all.

No luck deer hunting yet. I haven't tried too hard. It's been so warm that they just aren't moving around much. You almost have to step on one before it jumps and you see anything. If it would get cold and wet then the rut might begin and the bucks will get stupid. Blacktail are a pain to hunt. I need a forked horn or better to be legal. If I had a doe tag, I would have filled my tag 30 times over by now and that is just from my back porch.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Two freezers and they are mostly empty. I have to hunt hard and get lucky this year because last year was dry, no meat at all from my back yard. You guys don't serve "rakfisk" right, you use sour cream and I prefer mustard. The onion and boiled egg you have right.

"Smalahovud" season is a new one on me, what is it and is it something to eat? You know me, I will try anything twice if it doesn't hurt me the first time.
    BT if you were in my neck of the woods you wouldn't have to apply for a doe tag, you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck. I think their population control program was to successful, a lot of people around her, not just me got skunked last year. They are going to end the program starting next year but I have a feeling I better not pass up a shot at a squirrel or rabbit when I am out in the field. Instead of packing my usual 44 or 41 mag revolver I will carry my 22 pistol instead along with my deer rifle.

Trouble is we have had a big increase in coyotes around here in spite of all the youngsters hunting them and rabbits haven't been exactly plentiful either. I used to have to kick them out of my way to get to the car when I stepped off my porch I had so many. It was like a herd of them grazing on my front lawn and in my back yard and they were so tame they actually had their little den of sin where they made more little bunnies under my porch. All gone.

I'm taking my nephew out on his first squirrel hunt next Saturday and I will see how they are doing.

THUCYDIDES.

Smalahovud is boiled and burned sheephead. Eyeballs and all. I hate sheeps. They served me that for a full year in the army. Day after day. Our kitchen had a corrupt chef. He sold all the good stuff and gave us the crap. I realy hate it. I would eat "rat au van" (rat run over by a van) before I eat that shit again. Me and a bloke suggested we should try "moose head" though. Should become interesting. A lot of aquavit should make it possible.

Yep, you are right about the sour cream to rakefisk. BUT, I like mustard on the side aswell. But I think thats because I like mustard to everything. Its not common to combine it with rakfisk over here. Lutefisk yes... My setup is: French mustard. Dijon... (I dont use egg.) Flatbrød, onion, sour cream, mustard and beetroot. Aquavit and beer. Some days after a rakfisk night is interesting.... Head feels to small, and there is a carpenter in a hurry bouncing between both ears.

Good luck on the deer hunting BT. I hope a bick buck steps out of the bush. Warm weather and rain makes the norwegian deer funny too. Iv seen a buck just standing in the bush not moving at all. Not even when I got close. I had to throw a rock at it before it moved a few yards and stopped.
    Last edited by Hedning; 10-19-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Oboma is at it again

the clown in the white house want's all of your medical records.

My crock pot is empty... I sure could use some moose.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Can you ship moose meat overseas through UPS or the mail? I wonder what that would cost?

10 pages of coffee, are we ready for a new pot of joe yet?
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Can you ship moose meat overseas through UPS or the mail? I wonder what that would cost?

10 pages of coffee, are we ready for a new pot of joe yet?
    I think you are right, we need a new pot but 63 started this thread and he isn't around to close it. I guess I can start one, look for 'Campfire Coffee'.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast