Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toast with COFFEE!

My new town is asking if I would run for the board of selectman, its part time. I dont know much about running a town. It will be a learning curve.

Also my son got me a greenhouse, we put it together this weekend. Fun fun...

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Oooh, greenhouse. I'd like one someday too.

Tried to kill myself doing yard work. 2 acres generates large brush piles. Seems like I just cut back this stuff not too long ago. Got to remind myself that being deployed for a year and being crippled for 6 months, you get kinda behind the curve. Garden is growing!

Mulched the flower beds around the house as well.

Daughter gave me True Grit on blu-ray DVD. Looking forward to seeing how "the dude" plays ol' Rooster.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Oooh, greenhouse. I'd like one someday too.

Tried to kill myself doing yard work. 2 acres generates large brush piles. Seems like I just cut back this stuff not too long ago. Got to remind myself that being deployed for a year and being crippled for 6 months, you get kinda behind the curve. Garden is growing!

Mulched the flower beds around the house as well.

Daughter gave me True Grit on blu-ray DVD. Looking forward to seeing how "the dude" plays ol' Rooster.
    Be careful, you managed to outsmart the enemy..

Yes, I never thought Id have one... or a garden for that matter. Maybe Ill even start cooking!

Let me know how the movie was, I never saw the new one. I just recently watched the entire original.

How is the summer going over there? ITs darn hard to know what you get when you wake up over here. You might shake like a leaf in the morning and sweat like a x-mas pig at noon.

My voice suddenly went the same way as the kebab I ate last night. Down the sewer... Im sick of it. So you better figure out those pencils OG.

In a couple weeks I will get some days to make a little trip. We are going to Hitra Norway and Lysekil Sweeden. Nothing big, but its going to be great just to relax and use as much time as possible to do as little as possible.
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Wet for a week then hot for a few days. Today was perfect temp, just a little breeze and a few clouds. Got outside to do a little shooting and some brush cutting and I hope it rains like crazy tomorrow because I won't be able to move.

I am sorry to hear about the voice, just a little bug that goes away I hope. Don't worry about pencils as long as you can give me a thumbs up or a finger salute. We are adjustable at the Little Hut in the Woods. Enjoy your days off and rest your voice. I expect to hear you singing opera, if you can't do that then you better learn to play the flute
    Or we could just put ear muffs on, shoot a lot of targets and eat a lot of food that the doctors say is bad for us. If that doesn't fix you up nothing will.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

We should make a flute language, it would be difficult to curse and argue in "flute".

It would have warbled today, it was a little over 93 degrees, (34 C) and the humidity made it seem like 105, (40.5 C). I was out in it with a hay fork moving hay around till my nephew says "If I quit will you quit?" I couldn't argue with the boys logic. My shoulders are screaming at me right now. If I can walk tomorrow I am going to do it again....Hey I never said I was smart, just good looking.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    It would have warbled today, it was a little over 93 degrees, (34 C) and the humidity made it seem like 105, (40.5 C). I was out in it with a hay fork moving hay around till my nephew says "If I quit will you quit?" I couldn't argue with the boys logic. My shoulders are screaming at me right now. If I can walk tomorrow I am going to do it again....Hey I never said I was smart, just good looking.
    yep... I hurt my back wrapping up the greenhouse assembly. Yet somehow I couldn't rest, I was out there digging everyday. Be careful you want to enjoy the summer.

Its tough to know what the weather is doing here, hot and humid one day cold and rainy the next. Hope you all enjoy the 4th celebrating our Liberty, lets not let the politicians take what left of it.

99 today and I was out here with a pitchfork, rake, mulching mower and some hay making mulch for the garden. Sister says I'm not to bright but its the 15 year old nephew down with the heat not the old coot. Maybe I'm to dumb to know I can't take the heat anymore.

James says Hi Kathy, He is just outside Birmingham on his way to Georgia and where he is at he can't get on line. He's going to bed and I was supposed to say Hi to everybody.

I keep forgetting to take the picture of your sign, I will try and do it tomorrow before I forget again. Are you still mulling over another run for office?

THUCYDIDES.

Hi every one I'm in a place i can get online, so today I'll say Hi to everyone myself.

Quote Originally Posted by james01 View Post
    Hi every one I'm in a place i can get online, so today I'll say Hi to everyone myself.
    Hi oh!

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Hi oh!
    He's lives in Texas but rarely gets to see it because he is on the road all year round. That's how come only 15 posts in a year and most of them here in the kitchen around the coffee pot. I keep telling him he needs to come up my way so he can play with his guns but they won't pay him for going someplace without a load so I have to shoot my guns and his guns too. It's a tough life but somebody has to do it.
    Last edited by old Grump; 07-02-2011 at 06:20 PM.

THUCYDIDES.

If all your friends knew just how much of an effort you had to force yourself to take my gun's out to shoot.:
    Last edited by james01; 07-02-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Long haul wouldn't be for me. Tough life. My respects, sir!

OG's got to keep them shootin irons tuned you know.

Well if they are stored in my house I have to clean and oil them and if I have to clean them they might as well get dirty first. Besides he has some nice guns.

THUCYDIDES.

thank you,AFTER THREE ONE HALF YEAR'S of going to vietnam, and almost 44year's of driving truck's, i'm ready to retire, just cant afford to.

Unhappy

OG, I got to the truck stop iI was telling you about, but the restraunt is closed for the holliday's.and I was looking forward to some good southern home cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by james01 View Post
    OG, I got to the truck stop iI was telling you about, but the restraunt is closed for the holliday's.and I was looking forward to some good southern home cooking.
    Well git your butt here then, we are doing fogs on the frill, faked feans and fotato salad. I happen to know where your ammunition and your guns are and I just printed out a whole mess of targets. Beautiful day today, 84 degree's, low humidity for a change, partly cloudy so the light is just right and only a 5mph wind. Even you could hit a target today. I just thought of something, you have never fired your 7MM Mag since I put the new scope on it have you? Not to worry, I'll shoot it for you and post the target. It doesn't shoot bad for a cheap Ruger M77. I think this clean Wisconsin air is good for it, maybe you better just leave it with me for a few more years.

Relax, you know I'm just F-F-F-F-messing with you. Gives me an idea though, I will cycle your guns through the 100 yard line and post you some targets.
    Last edited by old Grump; 07-03-2011 at 03:39 PM.

THUCYDIDES.

can tell your feeeeeling better today,if my M77 is too low rent , dont hurt yourself be shooting it.

Kathy,,,,when are you going to quite running for the little offices and just go for the big house?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast