Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedside weapon(s)

glock 22 here, P 64 is usually close be too. I keep my CETME and AK's Locked up. They're not a good choice in my neighborhood, too many plastic (vinyl) houses.

When I'm not carrying her, a Kimber Ultra Raptor loaded with PMC 230 gr Starfires. Next to the bedside table is an old SD 870 riot gun loaded with #7 birdshot on top of 5 rds of 00 buck. Then, if they're serious and I can get to it, I've got all my sweeties in the next room down the hall all with loaded mags.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Rail mounted booger on a stick?
    That would be printermans.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by jAK-47 View Post
    The way I fart and snore in my sleep, anyone stupid enough to break into my home will be found on the floor bleeding from both ears and/or nostrils and gasping for breath.

But just in case they're wearing hearing protection and have no sense of smell, I have a Ruger SP101 .357 with CT next to me. While they're ducking or dying, I'll walk over to my double-barrel coach 12 gauge, G34 w/laser + light, and SKS. If there's anyone left standing, the local police can do cleanup while I smoke a cigar in my safe-room; if they can get into the safe-room (I refuse to call it a "panic room" since I'll be relatively calm - I hope), I have 100 rounds of .38+P, ten 17 round mags for the G34, 100 rounds of 12 gauge and 500+ rounds of AK on stripper clips. My REAL gun room is downstairs, because I don't want my second floor to sag or crash to the first floor

Too many Zombie movies have me thinking way too much! Can one be too prepared? NAW!
    Are you married by any chance? If so, I pity your wife. Or have you bought her a gas mask and ear plugs? LOL
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

OMG - THAT'S why she left me... She charged me with abuse, but I never laid a hand on her - now it makes sense.

Now that my brother has signed the XD9SC he bought for me into my name, I'm placing that beside my bed.

Although a shotgun + bayonet combo would compliment my room nicely.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Glock 21, Robarized grip, Tru-Glo sights. Next to that are the new toys I didn't tell you about yet and am not going to.

G23 / m4

I also have my PLR-16 within easy reach.

The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    Good idea Moe,I approve!

Cool location.

Is there another surprise under the bed? I see a couple things sticking out.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Glock 20 on the nightstand and a Mossberg 500 in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Cool location.

Is there another surprise under the bed? I see a couple things sticking out.
    Yes, there's a mini 14 & a romy AK under there. The m1 is set so that you cannot see it when the bed is made.
    My kids don't even know it's there. I need to get a pump shotgun or a 9mm upper with special ammo like this: http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgist...d=7347412.7824
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Yes, there's a mini 14 & a romy AK under there. The m1 is set so that you cannot see it when the bed is made.
    My kids don't even know it's there. I need to get a pump shotgun or a 9mm upper with special ammo like this: http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=49&idp=48&his=0|48&cart_i d=7347412.7824
    that ammo is over priced and I know for a fact it doesn't perform as well as Corbon ammo here is a link Mr.Moe ! for in the house ..http://www.dakotaammo.net/Glaserreg-...00/500/Product..and for outside http://www.dakotaammo.net/Glaserreg-...20/600/Product

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    that ammo is over priced and I know for a fact it doesn't perform as well as Corbon ammo here is a link Mr.Moe ! for in the house ..http://www.dakotaammo.net/Glaserreg-...00/500/Product
    So.... if my wife was to shoot and miss, would these rounds go through walls?
    I worry more about my kids than the home.

My kids don't even know it's there. I need to get a pump shotgun or a 9mm upper with special ammo like this: http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=49&idp=48&his=0|48&cart_i d=7347412.7824
    Just checking so when I sneak in while you're , there won't be any surprises.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Just checking so when I sneak in while you're , there won't be any surprises.
    No one in my area keeps their lights on after 10pm.
    So if you did stop by, it would be pretty dark, with about 50 half-cut trees all around me that may fall on you.
    Plus you will have to get by the IR system.
    It would be better if you called before you stopped by so I could light the way for ya.

G22 with a +1 on the mag., but I leave it unchambered. My duty rifle also lays next to the bed in its bag. On Mrs. 'Bravo's side is a CZ-82. Normally, she would be in charge of calling the cops, but, if someone makes it to my bedroom, it'll be over before the cops and medics get there, one way or another.

Mossy 500A with 00 buck beside the bed.
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast