Thread: Halloway Arms HAC-7

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Halloway Arms HAC-7

Anyone have any info on these as far as current price? I found this link but it's dated 1999.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/hac7/

I may have the opportunity to check one of these out and possibly purchase but don't know if it's just a firearms oddity, collectible or an actual shooter?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Anyone have any info on these as far as current price? I found this link but it's dated 1999.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/hac7/

I may have the opportunity to check one of these out and possibly purchase but don't know if it's just a firearms oddity, collectible or an actual shooter?
    Well they'll be as 'collectible' as a Weaver Nighthawk if that tells you anything. The HACs were not particularly finely finished. It 'may' have shot fine, but it had all the finesse of the FNC (which I have and it's hella ugly). Two friends of mine had HAC-7s in the 1980s. They were all boasting about how it used old AR-10 magazines, I felt "so what?" At that time AR-15/M16 magazines were $1.50-3.00 in bulk and you could still get REAL Belgian FN FALs, .308 Galils and HK91s all day long. The 1980s had a mini-explosion of 'boutique assault weapons' (I say weapons in that many pistols were also developed and sold with 'evil cosmetic details' to cash in on the Rambo/Miami Vice trend. Some of these domestically built guns were absolute CRAP! I don't know how well the HAC-7 is (I have not inspected one in a very long time) but I can't see anyone looking for one as a collectible. Now if you are interested in it as a firearms oddity and the price is right, go for it. I collect some really weird stuff myself. Good luck!

There's one that floats around the Dallas show. It's been to most every show the past two or three years IIRC. The price started at $2200 IIRC and the last time I saw it they were asking $1400-ish I believe.

Not crude but not the most finely finished weapon I've seen either. A guy I know has found an early (as in under 20 sn IIRC) HAC7 and has done his best to talk the owner out of it the past three or four years.
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Dunno man... kinda looks like a piece of shit.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

id just get a proven fal,unless its low-low priced ,in which id prolly still pass.......iv never realy bought any collectable guns ,im more of a shooter guy

You can see the FAL and AR10 mix but I don't where the AK comes into that design.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

A lot of AR18 in there too. That's funny Bernies sports is where I bought my Armalite M15A2 carbine from. One of the first rifles I bought. I rmember looking at the hac online too.