Thread: New Trigger on the Vepr

New Trigger on the Vepr

I was wondering if anyone has put in a new trigger group in there Veprs? I ask because I love my power custom trigger in my 10/22 and saw that there is one available for the AK. For around $90 I would need some pretty solid reviews.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry, never owned a Veper. They are nice weapons and I thought their triggers had a reasonably light let off anyway all be it typical long AK type pull in nature.

It's definitely a long pull. I would love a crisp and short 3lbs.

Do you have one of the newer Veprs or one of the RA models?
    I love my RA vepr trigger. It is almost straight and has a nice crisp let off .
    The newer imports use a curved trigger.
    I have been thinking about those power custom units for a saiga.

I bought mine in 2003. The trigger isn't necessarily bad, but there is occasional slap and it could be a bit smoother. I am wondering how well the Tapco trigger compares with the Powercustom,

I helped Red Star Arms do some testing when they were developing the VEPR FCG. Their Vepr adjustable trigger group works great in my Vepr .308. But if I lighten up the pull too much it does tend to double fire off the bench due to the recoil making my finger hit the trigger twice. I adujusted it up to 3.5 lbs and it functions just fine.