Thread: 6.5-20 Leupold VX-3 w/ Factory Target Turrets

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

6.5-20 Leupold VX-3 w/ Factory Target Turrets

I need input guys... I need to come up with some cash and I need to know what I could reasonably expect to sell this scope for. Leupold VX-III, Fineplex reticle, gloss finish & factory target turrets. Excellent condition except for some fairly light ring marks.

What could I sell it for and expect it to sell pretty fast?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

Is it the EFR scope with the dot in the middle of the fine hairs? Retail new on it is $799 ish. Try half that but even so finding anybody with 4 bills and wanting a scope is not a neasy sale.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Used scopes don't always sell well unless mounted on a rifle. Half might be a good place to start but as stated already it is going to be a hard sell.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping to get $450-$500 out of it. My logic was that it's in near perfect condition AND Leupold's lifetime warranty. Thanks for the input... I'm trying to come up with the down payment for a bike. My loan is already approved and the bike is in Austin waiting for me but they want more $$$ down than I had planned on... I'm thinking real hard about selling my Plum RPK-74 too. It's never even been fired

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping to get $450-$500 out of it. My logic was that it's in near perfect condition AND Leupold's lifetime warranty. Thanks for the input... I'm trying to come up with the down payment for a bike. My loan is already approved and the bike is in Austin waiting for me but they want more $$$ down than I had planned on... I'm thinking real hard about selling my Plum RPK-74 too. It's never even been fired
    The RPK might fetch you a lot more. Try Texas gun trade to sell the scope someone might pay more there than on the forums.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Or maybe it's a sign you don't need that bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Or maybe it's a sign you don't need that bike!
    Blasphemy!

Nah, the scope hasn't been mounted on anything in probably 4-5 years. The only real "plans" I had was to send my Rem 700 25-06 to Hill Country Rifles and have a heavy barrel and have it accurized. But I sorta doubt I'd ever do it. The thing shoots like a laser as it is...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I am going to buck the trend here and suggest taking some good pics and posting on gunbroker for 70% of retail price. If you still have the box, show that and mention thd lifetime warranty - I think it stays with the scope - especially if you never registered with Leupold.

I've sold scopes like this before - be sure and select relist until sold. Post on saturday with 7 day duration. Have a buy-now about $50 over starting bid.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

You Leupold scope

I need input guys... I need to come up with some cash and I need to know what I could reasonably expect to sell this scope for. Leupold VX-III, Fineplex reticle, gloss finish & factory target turrets. Excellent condition except for some fairly light ring marks.

What could I sell it for and expect it to sell pretty fast?
    Hi,
    I have been looking for a Leupold III with turrets. If you still have it, will you please shoot me a price.
    Thanks,
    Barry A Clarke
    Bourbonnais, IL

Quote Originally Posted by barryaclarke View Post
    Hi,
    I have been looking for a Leupold III with turrets. If you still have it, will you please shoot me a price.
    Thanks,
    Barry A Clarke
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Old thread check the date

Darn

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Old thread check the date
    I only looked at the month and day and jumped on a reply as I thought it was only a few days old. Oh. well...........thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.
    Barry