Thread: SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

Thought I would try to get a little action started here in the Krink Forum.

Show em if you got em. This is a Bulgarian in 5.45x39 built on a Hungarian receiver that I just rebuilt (again). Nothing special. Started out as a virgin kit that I built and SBR'd in 03. It's been beat around quite a bit so I demilled, re-riveted and refinished it again last week. She runs great but with my old eyes I do good to hit a pie plate at 100 yards. Thinking about milling some cooling vents in the hand guards like the older Russian ones.

When I first built it we all didn't have access to the riveting jigs etc... that we have nowadays. We had to make our own tools. Things have come a long ways since the late 90's/early 00's as some of the older members can testify. We used to have some good discussions in the BIY Forum and a lot of good information was passed around. I guess we all got older and the builds just aren't as exciting. Ohhhh those were the good ole days.

Anyway. In the old days members were a lot more eager to show their stuff off but not so much now adays. If you already have it SBR'd it can't hurt anything.

Last edited by jojo; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.