I think about anyone would agree that there is something about archery hunting, especially hunting deer with a bow, that's just f'ing cool!

Plus in most states the seasons are generous and many hunting areas are open that don't allow firearm use. Also there isn't the noise and disturbance sometimes associated with rifles.

So with these points and a few others in mind, I got the boys set up so that eventually, they can get in the woods and archery hunt. They now have the needed equipment, and I've got them set up for instruction at the indoor range where I bought their bows.

For Matt, my 14 year old, we ended up with a Parker, Side Kick Extreme.

And Ian, who just turned 11, he has a PSE, Mini Burner.

I bought these at The Archery Shack, in St Martins. The guys there impressed me. It was obvious they really liked the idea of getting two chilrens set up and on their way with archery. They spent 3 1/2 hours helping the boys decide on which bow suited them best. I was a little surprised at how meticulously they tuned these to fit the boys. The boys are excited and I am too, this was fun for a rainy, Saturday afternoon.