Thread: Is Congress and the President out to kill social security?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    How is it an entitlement program when the government takes your money and then gives you some of it back? Hmm?

Welfare is a so-called "entitlement" program. Social Security is supposed to be a mandatory retirement program.

You have insulted and denigrated people for expecting to get some of their money back many times in other threads. Your views on this are well known. So get off the comprehension BS.

Go ahead and reply to this - I won't respond - as it's taking the thread OT...
    You really have no clue what an entitlement program is do you. That fact you seem so entitled to it should be a clue but I guess not... LOL My stance as always been if we want it (if we are entitled to it you could say ) then we need to fund it, this bill basically defunds SS faster then before.

Also note it's quite popular in liberal circles to claim SS is not an entitlement, as far as I know only liberals push this line. Regardless the object of everything I've stated is not to argue over the semantics of one word but to say if we want it (and it seems you do) then lets pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    Your right my parents saved their money, invested and never lived beyond their means. Luckily they passed on that wisdom to me. I started a savings account when I was 15 that I still put a few bucks in every paycheck and opened up my 401k when I was 19. My 401k isn't looking to hot right now but the great thing is I'm still young and it's just one of many things that keep me sleeping easy.
    You're not going to be given the choice of not paying in and not getting SS or paying in and getting it as you're parents have, the basic plan for those under 55 is to keep them paying in and reduce their pay outs (50-70% of what your grandparents might expect to get). You'll never get the voters to give up on SS, that is just a sad fact. This is basically a conservative site and you'll be taken to task for even suggesting anyone on or near collecting it take less much less give it up all together... As I said above I think the only option we have is demand they fund it fully, your generation is more at risk to the unfunding of the program then anything else IMO at this point...
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-19-2011 at 12:06 AM.