Thread: Bought another SKS. This time a 52 Tula

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Bought another SKS. This time a 52 Tula

Last week when I was visiting the inlaws in Moncton, I stopped into one of the gun shops to have a look. They had a crapload of 91/30 and SKS, some Russian capture K98, a Swiss K31 and a Ton of Norinco Chinese stuff. The 91/30s were $149 and the SKS were $160. I was bored to death because of the week long visit so I had a weak moment. The shop owner let me dig through all the SKS he had and pick one. (there were a lot) So i did and took about an hour scrutinizing them. I wanted a 52 because thats the year my mother was born and i was hoping for a run on serial number. I got the year and a good serial number. All in all nice rifle. Bore and action are like new. Stock is a solid piece of Arctic Birch, not laminated or multiple chunks glued together like i have see. All the numbers match except the mag. They were all like that for some reason. Came with a sling, the buttstock cleaning kit thing, 5 stripper clips, an ammo pouch and oil bottle. Probably going to leave it in the box and put it away as I already have a user SKS... A 1968 chinese military one.

Here are some pics.

Last edited by rci2950; 07-30-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38