Thread: M.P. 40 at local Gunshop!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation M.P. 40 at local Gunshop!

Saw a MP-40 Schmeisser last week at my local Gun Shop. Yes I prefer to call it Schmeisser, Erma just don't sound right. The Man who owned it showed me his Original Bill of Sale, and the B.A.T.F. Form from 1975 He had bought it for less than 900.00 Dollars! Amazing! He had brought it in for the Stock Locking Device. It was wearing out. My Gunsmith Friend was trying to repair the Spring and Locking Part of it. Said he had been firing it for Years and enjoyed having it. I told him never sell it. He could not afford another one. He did not know what I meant so I gave him an Example I recall from the Happy Golden Years, before 1990. I told him you could get a Preban AKM take it to a Class 3 Dealer, and after getting your Paperwork back from ATF get the Rifle Converted to Select Fire for under 1,000.00 Dollars in 1985. I told him now a Preban Select Fire AKM would run you 27,000.00 Dollars. His Jaw Dropped. Hard to believe there was a time in Distant Memory Where you could own a real Class 3 Gun, not a Tube Job, with out taking out a 2nd. Mortgage. Don't you all think it is sort of strange that after almost 30 Years, the Machine Gun Ban is still in place? I would love to see someone hold a Machine Gun Hunt with world famous Hunters, carrying Submachine Guns, and Select Fire Assault Rifles and go on a Hunt. I am so tired of that old worn out Line, You can't Hunt with that! Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 09-27-2015 at 10:56 AM.