So my buddy gave me his WASR yesterday and asked me to straighten his canted FSB. When I went to remove his slant brake I immediately noticed the plunger in his FSB was in the white, just bare steel. I went to turn it clockwise to loosen it and it went nowhere. Thinking it was seized up I used a pair of vise grips to hold the plunger down and began cranking it to get it off, only to discover it was getting tighter. I then cranked it counter clockwise and it began twisting right off. Fortunately, all I did was gouge his (very soft) muzzle brake and didn't crossthread his muzzle.

I'm slightly confused, as I thought all the WASR'S had surplus barrels with lefty threads. I also thought all the slant brakes Crapco made were made to fit the lefty threads. I'm guessing this one was converted to "military configuration" after being purchased in ban era configuration. So now I need help finding a right hand threaded slant brake or muzzle nut to fit his rifle. Anyone know a place that sells them?