Never have been. I pretty much dismiss them as being toobig for EDC, ugly, less stable than a proper shoulder fired rifle, and... Ok you get the idea. Never thought of them as being particularly good.

However, the guy at my LGS who is selling me that WASR for $400 has an M92 pap for $525. He says it's been sitting there for far too long (it's been there at least y months) and he's ready to get rid of it. He hasn't specified a price to settle on, only disclosed that it's used, comes with 2 steel mags (1 Yugo bho), and has 2 different muzzle brakes , one of which looks like AKS74U muzzle break.

I looked it over. Receiver seems straight, gas block/ front sight has no cant that I can see, seems well maintained, no rust, rivets aren't bowing... I might just pull the trigger after I pay the last $100 on my WASR over the next couple weeks.

As to why my sudden interest despite my previous disliking of them: indoors pdw. 7.62x39 from a short barrel like this supposedly has about as much power as a .44 magnum. This can hold 30 rounds. This means close quarters if anyone comes in my house unwelcome at night I'm like Dirty Harry multiplied by 5 with 30 rounds of soft point 7.62x39. Most people recommend a shotgun, but this will be much easier to maneuver around the house with than a lengthy shotgun, and it'll hold more rounds ('I have too many rounds in this mag' said no man ever).