Thread: White House won't say if it's behind Facebook gun ban (but it probably is)

White House won't say if it's behind Facebook gun ban (but it probably is)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wh...rticle/2582071

This move stinks of Obama. Apparently now, you can't even offer a buttstock screw for sale as a non-FFL since you're selling "gun parts"......

The White House on Monday refused to say whether Facebook's recent decision to ban users from facilitating the sale of guns, parts and ammunition was the result of pressure from the Obama administration.

"We welcome this step," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Monday, just days after Facebook's Friday announcement. "We talked about how the Internet is a loophole" for people seeking to buy guns without undergoing background checks, he said. It's a "common-sense effort to prevent guns from easily falling into the hands of criminals or other individuals who shouldn't be allowed to access guns," he said.

The administration has met with social media and technology companies to discuss how to close the "Internet loophole" on gun sales, but Earnest said he "could not say" if Facebook's decision was the result of "any specific request" from anyone in the administration.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It really makes no difference whether Obama answers, or not. If he did answer, it would just be one more lie anyway.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Isn't Zuckerberg a big Obama supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Isn't Zuckerberg a big Obama supporter?
    All of the tech giants are liberal democrats. Are they the smartest people in the room? NO. But like Microsoft, Liberal Democrats are really good at exploiting new ideas, using other people, making their talent into commodities, taking other people's ideas and presenting them as their own, and basically good at becoming rich off the backs of other people's genius.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Facebook is a business, so they can set their policies. That's how it should be. Unless you decide you don't want to sell to protected groups, at which point the DoJ is all over your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    Facebook is a business, so they can set their policies. That's how it should be. Unless you decide you don't want to sell to protected groups, at which point the DoJ is all over your ass.
    Very true. Good point. I certainly don't PAY Facebook for anything, but they make money selling our info to advertisers, but they never actually take any cold hard cash out of my wallet.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post

And as private individuals we have a right to bitch about it and/or stop using their service.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^This. I have decided to just stop using Facebook. I'm moving on to MeWe.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".