The MP5 SD has been on my short list for a couple decades, but I've never seen one for sale; when I had the cash. Then, last summer I saw on Atlantic's website that a company called Omega is making them. It's a barreled receiver with F/A carrier & bolt ... the ad said "just add your favorite trigger pack and suppressor" and I got on their wait list ... months went by and no word.

I should note that in the last 40 years I've always had a sports car of some sort, nothing high end / exotic, MG Midget's & B's, Datsun 240, 260 & 280Z's a couple older (not collectable) Corvettes ... older models that were fairly cheap to keep; that I could afford to play with on the weekends. Early last year I traded my 2006 Pontiac Solstice for a car for my 15yo daughter and ... I handled sports car withdraws pretty well ... well, until November.

That's when I came across a '72 Corvette that spoke to me ... It needed some work, so I brought it home (to the dismay of my wife) but I sold some guns to cover most of the cost of the car and swore off any new gun purchases (at least until the car was done)

Then about 3 weeks ago a I was on Atlantic's site and there it was ... Omega's MP5 SD - IN STOCK!

So, what could I do?
It was a force beyond my control ... I whipped out my plastic!

It got here and I added my full-auto sear pack and stock ... It took a bit of tinkering with my Octane 45 suppressor, but I made it work.

And as they say in the Geico commercials ... Wa la!

If the HPA passes I'll probably buy a real SD suppressor ... or maybe build one, with all the parts you can buy on GunBroker and Amazon, it's not too difficult anymore.