Thread: Range Day

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Range Day

Supposed to be in the low 50's today so packed up a few to take to the range later this morning. Today will be a revolver day. Taking my 3" and 5" S&W model 610's in 10mm, a S&W model 25-14 and a model 22-4, both in 45ACP, a 4" model 28-2 in .357 and lastly a 4" Colt Trooper MKIII, also in .357.

The Colt is NIB from 1977. I've been putting off shooting it due to condition and the fact that I have several, similar revolver but it's not the most expensive firearm per se so I decided what the hell. The first handgun I ever bought was a 4" nickel MKIII in 1978. This one is blued but otherwise identical. Sold the first one 30 years ago so this will be a stroll down memory lane for me.

Picked up a fair amount of 45GAP when Gander Mountain closed here earlier this year for cheap. IIRC I paid around $6 per 50 red box. Anyway I got it to run through my 45ACP revolvers. Curious to see how it does? Also found an old ammo can of 40 S&W reloads I don't want to run through my Glock 35 so the model 610's will be eating those today.

Took my 4" S&W M57 to the range last time but other than that I haven't done any revolver shooting in a few years. Should be fun and policing the brass will be a piece of cake!
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-17-2017 at 06:46 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell