I habe officially reached out to a local school board member and our union president (I am not a union member). Intend over the summer to publicly address our school board about adding security in our schools, planning to have a lunch with both in the next several weeks to discuss it. Decided to start researching states that allow teachers to carry. Called Idaho. Was told by a secretary of the state AG that they DO NOT ALLOW teachers to carry.

Then called Utah AG was told they cannot discuss the law over the pbone. Was transfered to state ed depo, where I left a voice mail. Then called the Utah state bar, as the AG office advised me to, and they again said they cannot discuss the law over the phone. With all of these people I explained calmly amd professionally that I was seeking data on the laws, if possible how many teachers carry, and what if any issues they have had. Silence. From all. Was told they cannot even discuss what the law allows over the phone.

Uh.....where am I wrong? They can give out NO info? Really? So there is NO WAY of gathering stats or info on ccwing teachers?