This post is a Hi-point 1095 range report that I am posting for anyone who may be interested in getting one of these. Although most of my interest is posting political comments I do try to post something about guns from time to time.

I fired about 150 rounds today out of my hi-point 1095 including 180 grain ball ammo and some of the new Underwood extreme defense fluted ammo. Reliability was 100%. I really noticed today how much harder a 10mm carbine seems to hit than a 9mm or 5.56. At 50 yards a large chunk of wood that would show little reaction to a 5.56 impact would be knocked several inches by a 10mm. People who saw me shooting the 1095 instantly noticed it was a 10mm. The 115 grain Underwood ammo (which per a Youtube video has a velocity in a carbine of 1900 FPS shot to the same point of aim more or less as 180 grain ball). I made the error of shooting one round without ear protection and my ears did not ring - so the high-point carbine is not nearly as loud as an AR-15. I have mounted a TRS-25 red dot sight on my gun and accuracy at 50 yards was about the same as an AR-15 with a red dot. The 1095 trigger is better than an AR-15 milspec trigger. The only issue I have with the 1095 is when the bolt locks back and you change mags you have to pull the bolt back and then ride it forward to chamber a round. This is kind of hard to explain, but a pain in the arse.