Been looking for a Star PD for the better part of a decade. Could have gotten one through one of the auction sites but wanted to see it in person so held out for one local. Last Saturday I was out making my usual stops at the various gun stores in town when I looked at the clock in my pickup and it read 11:11.

My daughter told me the other day that you should make a wish when you see 11:11. Remembering what she said I made a wish that I'd like to finally find a Star PD. Of course I never found anything. Today I was making my rounds and after almost talking myself out of it I hit a store about 15 miles away that I only visit a few times a year.

I walked in and the owner asks, "Can I help you?" Swear to God I was just starting to say, "No just browsing" when I looked straight down at the case in front of me and there sat this Star PD.

I told him, "Why yes you can!" Took the pic above as soon as I got back in my truck. He was firm at $450 but I don't think that's a bad price. Hell, even the background check came back in less than 5 minutes.

Just got home. Hardly any wear at all. Gonna take it apart and give it a good cleaning. If the buffer looks decent I'll take it to the range tomorrow. If not I'll order one off eBay. Anyone got a source for a couple of extra mags that aren't Triple K?

May order a spring kit from Wolf while I'm at it. The last one of these I saw was about 10 years ago at a gun show. As I recall that one was priced about the same but with box and extra mag. Thought it was too much at the time and walked away. Changed my mind but when I went back the next day it was gone. Been looking for another one ever since.