Buck has been doing a "Buck of the Month" this year. Mostly it's been a fairly standard model with one or more special features. This month it was their "Talon" with blue G-10 scales and a different color blade coating. What makes this offering (75 pieces only) a little more special is that the standard Talon is normally only available to active duty military. This Buck of the Month version does not carry that restriction.

As some of you know I'm heavily addicted to more than a few traditional Buck models and collect some quite heavily. That being said I also have a fairly large collection and interest in their more tactical models. When it first came out I referred to it as a "Klingon Circumcision Dagger". I still think it would handle that task quite well. Sorry for the crappy photos.

With 10.25" of 1/4" thick 5160 steel including a limb hook, pry end, saw and serrations I believe it could get the job done in a variety of situations. I know I felt more manly just taking it out of the box.