I swore years ago I wasn't going to add any more calibers to my collection. Stayed true to this for a long time then the 10mm bug hit. Kinda got that out of my system then bam! I got bit by the .41 magnum and ended up with a S&W Model 57 and 57-1.

Haven't been in recovery from that addiction for a year yet and now I'm setting myself up to get bit again only an even bigger bug this time around. I have the opportunity to acquire a S&W Pre-29, five screw which of course is in .44 magnum. These aren't cheap, especially with the presentation case, tools, etc., as they only made like 6,500 of these starting in 1956 to maybe early 57. Not many left and even fewer that still have the extras.

I do have a Ruger SBH but I haven't shot it or bought ammo for it in close to 20 years. In fact if it wasn't for the fact that it was a gift from a friend I'd probably have sold it long ago. Been telling myself it's going to be too expensive but the reality is cost isn't really a consideration.

In the long run adding another caliber just means a new set of reloading dies and some cases and bullets but damn, I thought as we get older we're supposed to get even more set in our ways not less? Guess there are worse problems to have.