Thread: Red flag law costs Korean War vet his guns .... but the complaint was from a waitress?!?!?!?!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red flag law costs Korean War vet his guns .... but the complaint was from a waitress?!?!?!?!

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/16/e...-red-flag-law/

So this guy who works as a crossing guard at a school in Massachusetts is talking to his friend at a DINER and casually mentions that if the guards leave for a bathroom break, there is a potential window for a school shooter to enter the premises, and some dumbfuck WAITRESS overhears the conversation, calls the cops and the guy has his GUNS confiscated?!?!?!

According to the states own 'red flag' laws, the only people who can even 'declare you a threat to yourself and others' are cops, family members (and now in some states, your boss, your teacher and your co workers).

How the FUCK does a random waitress walking by count as someone who can credibly call in a report and have your fucking guns confiscated!!?!?!?!

A waitress at the diner apparently overheard parts of that conversation and and made a complaint to the Tisbury police two days later. Based on the waitress’s complaint, Police Chief Mark Saloio and another officer relieved Nichols of his crossing guard duties in the midst of performing them, drove to his house, and seized his guns and firearms license. The confiscated guns were then turned over to Nichols’ son-in-law.

“He came up and told me what I said was a felony but he wasn’t going to charge me,” Nichols said of Saloio. Additionally, Nichols claimed that he never received any paperwork or receipts for the confiscation of his gun license or his firearms.

When asked by the Martha’s Vinyard Times to comment, Saloio said “there’s nothing that I can legally discuss about the matter. Period.” The police department has also refused to release the police report from the investigation citing the “personnel” exemption of the public records law.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 10-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.