I was listening to an interview with Representative Gabbard on Friday and something she said about Super Delegates stood out to me. Liberals and Democrats like to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter disenfranchisement and suppression because they want to protect the integrity of the electorate through voter ID laws. The goal being that every person that votes shows that they are allowed, and have the right, to vote (sort of like I have to prove I am allowed and have the right to own a firearm). Liberals and Democrats decry this as a way to suppress minority votes because some people cannot afford to get an ID, even though most of these laws include a way for those who can’t afford to pay for an ID to obtain one (I won’t even discuss the inherent racism in the belief that only minority people may not be able to afford an ID).

But is it liberals and Democrats who have been showing themselves over the last few years to be the ones disenfranchising voters and suppressing votes they do not like. Back in 2016 it was discovered that the DNC was providing the Clinton campaign debate questions to help her do better against Senator Sanders because the DNC did not want Sanders to be the Democrat nominee. Then there was the whole Super Delegate issue where even if Senator Sanders earned more votes than Secretary Clinton the Super Delegates, WHOSE VOTES ARE WORTH MORE, would still be able to make Clinton the nominee. Now we have the Iowa Caucus debacle where “inconsistencies” with voting, vote counting, and vote tallying are making it increasingly unlikely that we will ever know the results (at least from the initial Caucus).

While liberals and Democrats will continue to accuse conservatives and Republicans of voter suppression and disenfranchisement, and it will continue to be reported in the main stream news media as fact, it certainly seems like it is the Democrats who are practicing suppression and disenfranchisement.