I have been watching the president's press briefings during this crisis. I noticed that our president has displayed a strong reluctance to exercise or expand federal power. When questioned about national quarantine, or stopping all flights he has been reluctant. A lot of times his answer to questions is that it is up to the governors of individual states to make decisions. He has made statements that he believes the federal government is there to support the states not control them. He has even been reluctant to use federal powers under the defense production act unless absolutely necessary. He finally came out and said it during the briefing today; it is because of our constitution and his respect for it.

One of my first thoughts when it became clear that this was a national crisis was that we were going to see a federal power grab like we did after 9/11. I am sure that is what we would see if Hillary were sitting in the Whitehouse. She would have seized every possible opportunity to expand the power and scope of the federal government. I feel like this is what we experienced under Bill Clinton during the 90's, an erosion of the independence of the states. The DHS even recently said that gun stores and manufacturers were critical businesses, there is no way that would have happened under a dem.

MAGA