I think we as gun owners need to remember who the price gougers/profiteers are during this pandemic and make sure we don't patronize their businesses after this is over and things return to normal.

I had a disappointing experience with a local shop here.

I am looking for a certain firearm. It has an MSRP of $649 but normally sells for around $529. A local store had one on hand and wanted $999 for it. (There was also one on gunbroker for $1199.)

Everything else in the store was marked up similarly, prices 50% to 100% more than they should be. These same guys also had 9mm FMJ for $30 a box

I expected to pay a bit of a premium given the circumstances, say MSRP or MSRP +$50. That would be an extra profit of $170 which is pretty good. Damn near double is just screwing people so I walked out. Strangely they had a ton of inventory.

This is in line with cheaper than dirt trying to sell 9mm 115gr FMJ for $45 a box of 50.

I am all for capitalism. Sure, sell it for what you can, that is the free market.

My point of this post, is that it is also as much my right to say how I feel about it and make sure that I never set foot your business again.

There is being reasonable and then there is being an asshole.