Years ago when the C&R Forums were THE busy and bustling place where everyone hung out, some of the happiest and funny times took place during the time leading up to a postal match.

It was the "trash talk" that was funny, making it a real adventure to read the posts from the various paticipants. I only took part in two postal matches, and was never a contender, but it was fun to participate.
Of those 2, one was for WWII military bolt actions w/ open sites, which much to my surprise (during testing), I found that my MAS-36 was the most accurate.
The other was for Communist Bloc rifles, open sites. I had quite a choice to choose from, including Mosins or SKS, although now I am a bit unsure if the semi-autos were part of the line-up. Distances were 50 or 100 yards.

The trash-talk was going strong right up to when we received our 'official target' from RedStar, and continued till all the targets were mailed back & checked and the scores were posted.
At the time, I was motivated to make a graphic using the name that was given to the match. I don't know who came up with the name, but Redstar liked the graphic, and asked if he could use it. I told him (or anyone else) to use it however he pleased.

The Red Brigade