Thread: Mayor Bloomberg blocks food donations

Mayor Bloomberg blocks food donations

Only in America will they pass laws that stop people from helping people
    its not about helping, its about CONTROL

IS THIS THE AMERICA YOU WANT FOR YOUR CHILDREN? WHEN PEOPLE STARVE BECAUSE A GOVERNMENT AGENCY CAN'T MEASURE THE FOOD NUTRITION, WE HAVE TRUE TYRANNY.

New York City bans food donations; religious groups squeezed out
    by Joel McDurmon on Mar 20, 2012

Ask for government, get more government. The New York Post reports,

The Bloomberg administration is now taking the term “food police” to new depths, blocking food donations to all government-run facilities that serve the city’s homeless.

In conjunction with a mayoral task force and the Health Department, the Department of Homeless Services recently started enforcing new nutritional rules for food served at city shelters. Since DHS can’t assess the nutritional content of donated food, shelters have to turn away good Samaritans.

For over a decade, Glenn Richter and his wife, Lenore, have led a team of food-delivery volunteers from Ohab Zedek, the Upper West Side Orthodox congregation. . . . The practice of donating such surplus food to homeless shelters is common among houses of worship in the city. . . .

So you can imagine Richter’s consternation last month when employees at a local shelter turned away food he brought from a bar mitzvah.

He’s a former city Housing Authority employee, and his wife spent 35 years as a South Bronx public-school teacher, so they’re no strangers to bureaucracy and poverty. But an exasperated Richter says, “This level of micromanagement is stunning.”

http://americanvisionnews.com/2441/n...s-squeezed-out

one straw at a time...
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

More and more the .gov wants everything run through them. Must shut down people doing things for people outside the direction of the .gov.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Since DHS can’t assess the nutritional content of donated food, shelters have to turn away good Samaritans.
    bullshit

look at the CRAP fuckers like mcdonalds and burger king shovel out every day. nutritional crap. Half of anything you buy that's preserved/frozen that ain't meat or vegetable is pure crap, jammed fulla estrogen conversion shit that turns testosterone into estrogen.

If I was them I'd make a campaign to "take it to the streets" to help those folks out and stick it in bloombergs fucking face.

this is about as bad as some commie fuck telling a kid that their lunch they brought to school isn't good enough.

If I was hungry enough I'd eat a Liberal.

Everything but the brains, since they'd be composed of total shit.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not surprising coming from a man suffering from megalomaniacal syndrome and narcissistic tendencies with delusions of unchecked dictatorial powers surrounded by those only too happy to feed his neurotic-delusional mental state.

These people are too damned stupid to look at the nutritional facts sticker on the side of the can or bag. (They must have been the upper 10% of their graduating public school class.)

Bloomberg is the epitome of the poster child competition for retroactive abortion.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Calling occupy, come in occupy, do you read me? See this?
    THIS is where you want to invade. You will get almost unanimous support.
    Pull your heads outta yer asses fools.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

So you can imagine Richter’s consternation last month when employees at a local shelter turned away food he brought from a bar mitzvah.
    I wonder if this is like left overs.....opened food ??

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    Richter has been collecting food from places like the Ohav Zedek synagogue and bringing it to homeless shelters for more than 20 years, but recently his donation, including a “cholent” or carrot stew, was turned away
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...-the-homeless/
    Carrot STEW ??? Heck shoulda been turned away.

Think this article is misleading. Don't think canned/unopened food stuffs are being turned away.

Wart

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart
    If you're hungry and it's free, who cares.
    We call that a buffet where i come from and it's highly desirable, well, most of the time anyways.
    If they had steak and lobster on it you gonna bitch because it was opened if you're homeless and they're giving it to you?
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

And in other food type news:

The BBC reports that McDonald's is now the world's fourth largest employer.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    We call that a buffet where i come from and it's highly desirable, well, most of the time anyways.
    If they had steak and lobster on it you gonna bitch because it was opened if you're homeless and they're giving it to you?
    Just can't allow left overs stinker. I don't want to defend that asshole Bloomberg but.......

Wart

I gave a homeless guy a cheese burger one time. I dont think he really gave a shit that it was left over from my lunchtime. I mean he didnt get mad because I had already eaten the fries.

But I can see one run by the gov turning food away. Imagine if just one person got sick from it. the lawyers would love that.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Doomberg strikes again! Starve the homeless and ban guns, but its OK to be gay, that's the way to do it!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    If I was hungry enough I'd eat a Liberal.

Everything but the brains, since they'd be composed of total shit.
    No need to worry there. You won't find a brain in a liberal.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Next thing you know cookouts and campouts will be banned.

I remember when I was an Assistant Scoutmaster for a local troop one of our favorite things to eat on a campout was ground beef, potatoes, onions and all kinds of veggies mushed together into a ball, then wrapped in foil and buried in coals near the outer edges of the campfire.

That stuff was SO GOOD it's beyond description. Maybe it's because we were outdoors and hungry, but DAMN that stuff was great. I would probably have killed anyone trying to take mine from me!

Our campout food wasn't "FDA" or "DHS" approved though...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Krupski - we called those "steamboats" as we also put a little water in there to steam the carrots and potatoes.
    And they WERE a lot of fun!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Krupski - we called those "steamboats" as we also put a little water in there to steam the carrots and potatoes.
    And they WERE a lot of fun!
    In my Scout troop they were called Hobo dinners.

He probably figures less food to the shelters means less homeless ... eventually.