Thread: When was the last time you guys encountered a Chinese milsurp SKS still in the cosmoline?

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

When was the last time you guys encountered a Chinese milsurp SKS still in the cosmoline?

I just traded a CVA black powder revolver for this one at the LGS. The market is so flooded with russian and chinese SKS that they cant sell them. Price tag on this one was $249 Canadian, which translates to $197 US dollars..

Last edited by rci2950; 02-11-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Wow nice, haven't seen a chi com like that in a long time. I remember racks of them, I think they were beaters, for $65 back in the mid 90s. I'd jump at the chance for one like yours at that price

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I just traded a CVA black powder revolver for this one at the LGS. The market is so flooded with russian and chinese SKS that they cant sell them. Price tag on this one was $249 Canadian, which translates to $197 US dollars..
    Well YOU'RE IN CANADA.

You can get Russian and Chinese SKS rifles there. We can't any more in the USA. Import bans you see? It's nice to see that Canadians are so awash in SKSs that they can't give them away. Perhaps you can bring a truckload over the border some day ? wink wink (just kidding)>

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well YOU'RE IN CANADA.

You can get Russian and Chinese SKS rifles there. We can't any more in the USA. Import bans you see? It's nice to see that Canadians are so awash in SKSs that they can't give them away. Perhaps you can bring a truckload over the border some day ? wink wink (just kidding)>
    LOL this is the response i was looking for. Thanks tank Wait till i get my Type 81 to go with my type 97. Im sorry. You guys can conceal carry so i need to do this to feel validated

LOL this is the response i was looking for. Thanks tank Wait till i get my Type 81 to go with my type 97. Im sorry. You guys can conceal carry so i need to do this to feel validated
    I thought AK types and AR types were stricktly Vertboten in Canada.

AKs are not banned, everybody has a Valmet Hunter that was then converted to to AK configs.
    There were many kit builds that were simply marked Valmet with a serial number within a specific range.
    Just like here in the US there are ways to bend CA laws too.
    I used to have friends in NB. I learned a lot about what can and cam't be had there.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    AKs are not banned, everybody has a Valmet Hunter that was then converted to to AK configs.
    There were many kit builds that were simply marked Valmet with a serial number within a specific range.
    Just like here in the US there are ways to bend CA laws too.
    I used to have friends in NB. I learned a lot about what can and cam't be had there.

BISHOP

Thats right. the liberal government of the time banned the ak47 by name. The Type 81 wasn't mentioned and the VZ58 rifles and other similar looking ones flew under the radar. Because when they made the laws they were literally flipping through a copy of gun digest and made a list of the ones that were scary looking. I know its not an AK but I just ordered a Famae SG542... Its shipping out tomorrow. We still have cool rifles. Just not the ones on that very specific list.

Thanks for the laugh!!!! Flipping through Gun Digest.......
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Flipping politicians = flipping idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Thanks for the laugh!!!! Flipping through Gun Digest.......
    Thats no joke. IT was released through an access to information request by the NFA. They actually used a copy of Gun digest. Looked at pictures and wrote down the scary looking ones. Thats why the Remington 7400 is legal but the FN FAL is not. Both semi automatic .308 rifles that can take large magazines. Essentially pose the same danger to the public,

well i took it out today and fired 10 rounds though it. It shoots as i expected. I was using czech surplus ammo and got a 5 inch group at a hundred yards just leaning over the hood of my truck. I would consider this minute of deer... The ammo is complete garbage. So it would likely do better with good ammo.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

well i took it out today and fired 10 rounds though it. It shoots as i expected. I was using czech surplus ammo and got a 5 inch group at a hundred yards just leaning over the hood of my truck. I would consider this minute of deer... The ammo is complete garbage. So it would likely do better with good ammo.
    I shot a buddy's Chinese SKS long ago in the 1990's before Slick Willie banned Chicom guns and ammo. It was loaded with Chinese 1990 vintage noncorrosive steel core ammo. I was shooting it off a sandbag on a shooting bench. With my thumb touching the front of the finger grooves on the stock it would shoot a 5 shot group you could cover with a quarter. I was mind blown! Held it further back and it was more in the 3 to 4" group size range. They can be very sensitive to harmonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I shot a buddy's Chinese SKS long ago in the 1990's before Slick Willie banned Chicom guns and ammo. It was loaded with Chinese 1990 vintage noncorrosive steel core ammo. I was shooting it off a sandbag on a shooting bench. With my thumb touching the front of the finger grooves on the stock it would shoot a 5 shot group you could cover with a quarter. I was mind blown! Held it further back and it was more in the 3 to 4" group size range. They can be very sensitive to harmonics.
    I should try that. I had my hand just ahead of the magazine on the metal part with my elbows on my trucks hood.