Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the record .... if the Establishment Republicans throw Trump under the bus ... They're FINISHED

For the record .... if the Establishment Republicans throw Trump under the bus ... They're FINISHED

I'm a long time loyal Republican but There are LIMITS to my loyalty to a political party. Establishment cronies & RINOs got to go. I think there are elements of the GOP old timers who think they can turn on Trump and still win. THEY WON'T. They have to be very careful that they don't betray Red State America like they have for a long time. i know that many establishment RINOS will be primaried in the next two years. I'm looking forward to that. We have some good guys, but we need MORE good guys/gals and get rid of the idiots who throw in the commucrats.

Just putting this out there.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 01-12-2021 at 09:29 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    There are a whole bunch of people so old in our government that they remember how it was to find the Wright brothers got a powered kite to fly. The living statues need to go. Unfortunately some of the new blood coming in are worse that those with hardened arteries. AOC comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    There are a whole bunch of people so old in our government that they remember how it was to find the Wright brothers got a powered kite to fly. The living statues need to go. Unfortunately some of the new blood coming in are worse that those with hardened arteries. AOC comes to mind.
    Don't EVEN compare Crazy AOC to 'new blood'. The squad is not new blood, they're just Communists who managed to sneak into Congress. I'm talking about some of the Freshmen Republicans who are FIGHTERS, like Lauren Boebert (R) who is totally pro gun and won't back down from the Democrat Bullies.

Don't confuse the DEMOCRAT pieces of shit with the New blood that can actually FIX the Republican Party! I'm all in for all of these new MAGA type candidates starting to PRIMARY the old geezers.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Trump needs to found a new Party. The Repubs have lost all of their original platforms they once stood for and no longer have a backbone to stand up to the Commucrats and Propaganda outlets..

It's time for a new Party to rise up; one based solely on the Constitution of the US. Call it the Constitution Party, or something like that.

Trump could do this if he wanted to.

We need a fresh Party to overcome the Commucrat Party.

(I'd be one of the first to switch over to it, too.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Considering the steal this time. Republicans will never again win the Whitehouse, and I bet in two years the massive steals will be extended to House and Senate if they weren't already like Georgia.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

republicans in office today will face re-election in 2, 4, or 6 years. trump put or kept a lot of them in office. incumbents need to be be planning how to face their opponents, like now. dumping on trump will not be a smart strategy. states need to shore up their election laws against the antics we saw this year. most however, will go back to sleep.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/u...peachment.html

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party,

"according to people familiar with his thinking."
    Considering the source that last part may necessitate the need to take the first with a grain of salt
    But the Senate Republican leader has made clear in private discussions that he believes now is the moment to move on from the weakened lame duck, whom he blames for causing Republicans to lose the Senate.
    Maybe it's a cheap shot but remembering some of the revelations in the last few weeks "Fang Fang" here he is with his wife

Elaine Lan Chao is an American businesswoman and politician. A member of the Republican Party, Chao served as Secretary of Labor under president George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009, and as Secretary of Transportation under president Donald Trump from 2017 to 2021
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/u...peachment.html

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party,

"according to people familiar with his thinking."
    Considering the source that last part may necessitate the need to take the first with a grain of salt
    But the Senate Republican leader has made clear in private discussions that he believes now is the moment to move on from the weakened lame duck, whom he blames for causing Republicans to lose the Senate.
    Maybe it's a cheap shot but remembering some of the revelations in the last few weeks "Fang Fang" here he is with his wife

Elaine Lan Chao is an American businesswoman and politician. A member of the Republican Party, Chao served as Secretary of Labor under president George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009, and as Secretary of Transportation under president Donald Trump from 2017 to 2021
    Elaine Chao is TAIWANESE and staunchly anti Mainland China. I don't like folks playing racial politics when they dont' know what they're talking about. Nearly ALL of the other Asian countries around CHINA can't STAND the CCP. The Mainland CHINESE CCP types are in the DEMOCRAT party.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Elaine Chao is TAIWANESE and staunchly anti Mainland China. I don't like folks playing racial politics when they dont' know what they're talking about. Nearly ALL of the other Asian countries around CHINA can't STAND the CCP. The Mainland CHINESE CCP types are in the DEMOCRAT party.
    I understand that, which is why I prefaced with "it may be a cheap shot"
    On the other hand the premise of the op seemed to point to the rino's working with the Dems
    Can't really believe what they say compared to actions

The gop will shrivel and die, its replacement will simply be independent Americans who support conservative candidates.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

They're finished anyway.

I'm a long time loyal Republican but There are LIMITS to my loyalty to a political party. Establishment cronies & RINOs got to go. I think there are elements of the GOP old timers who think they can turn on Trump and still win. THEY WON'T. They have to be very careful that they don't betray Red State America like they have for a long time. i know that many establishment RINOS will be primaried in the next two years. I'm looking forward to that. We have some good guys, but we need MORE good guys/gals and get rid of the idiots who throw in the commucrats.

Just putting this out there.
    The fact that you believe any true conservative will ever be elected to high office, ever again...amuses me.

Now that the dims have proven Stalin's dictum of (paraphrasing) "it's not who vote that counts, it's who counts the votes" by putting it into direct action, I fully expect there will never again be a true conservative allowed in any high office...just watch as Repub. governors start losing in the next few years. Oh, they'll keep a few rinos around as pets, just to play the game of "bipartisanship"...but it's over...this is the authoritarian commie takeover of a once great republic.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    The fact that you believe any true conservative will ever be elected to high office, ever again...amuses me.

Now that the dims have proven Stalin's dictum of (paraphrasing) "it's not who vote that counts, it's who counts the votes" by putting it into direct action, I fully expect there will never again be a true conservative allowed in any high office...just watch as Repub. governors start losing in the next few years. Oh, they'll keep a few rinos around as pets, just to play the game of "bipartisanship"...but it's over...this is the authoritarian commie takeover of a once great republic.
    Be amused all you want. I'll be spending my time working to get REAL Republicans elected. Sit in your armchair and acted defeatist. That course of action REALLY institutes change... not.

Now am I unaware of how much the odds are stacked against us? Of course I am not. But not everyone is a defeatist. We know what CAN happen and I don't want to hear 'I told you so' to those who don't even help. If the house is sliding down the hill, I'm still going to be one of those trying to stop it. I think it's worth trying. Trying doesn't mean there is a guarantee of success, but NOT trying is idiotic.

Be amused all you want. I'll be spending my time working to get REAL Republicans elected. Sit in your armchair and acted defeatist. That course of action REALLY institutes change... not.

Now am I unaware of how much the odds are stacked against us? Of course I am not. But not everyone is a defeatist. We know what CAN happen and I don't want to hear 'I told you so' to those who don't even help. If the house is sliding down the hill, I'm still going to be one of those trying to stop it. I think it's worth trying. Trying doesn't mean there is a guarantee of success, but NOT trying is idiotic.
    I'm not sure it was you or someone else from out your way but a few years ago it was mentioned on how many conservative democrats were in the state
    They were too marginalized to really accomplish much or words to that affect
    At the time I had already come to the conclusion that rather than Dem vs Rep one should look for conservative vs liberal
    I'm sure you do already but may help in your effort to get office holders in even with a D
    Kind of dicey though since they have to go along to get along but hell whats to loose these days
    Just throwing that out for what its worth

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

This is so true. If you don't try you are guaranteed of losing. Like "wasting money" on lottery tickets. If you don't buy one you are guaranteed not to win. Even if the odds are one in a billion, that number will hit at some point. So trying to stop the slide is a valiant goal, worthy of an attempt because not only is not trying idiotic as you say, but not trying is a guaranteed defeat.

Well, I'll leave that Sisyphean task to those willing to tilt at windmills.

Didn't you begin this thread with the admonition that "if the Establishment Republicans throw Trump under the bus ... They're FINISHED"?

I'm afraid you didn't go quite far enough, though. Have you seen what big tech has done to conservatives since Potatohead Joe was declared the winner? Read about the new pogroms being advanced by the left toward wrong think by 50% of our populous? The house just violated all of their own rules in slamming through another impeachment without even so much as a show investigation, which, by the by, is also unconstitutional.

Sorry my friend...I do not consider myself a quitter, I believe you are myopic on where we stand in historical perspective. This election and it's aftermath have proven that the soapbox has been pulled from beneath half the people, that the ballot box is now useless, and that only one box remains in the arsenal (pun intended).

Feel free to tilt at windmills that neither pump water nor grind grist into meal any longer...that is certainly your prerogative.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Well, I'll leave that Sisyphean task to those willing to tilt at windmills.

Didn't you begin this thread with the admonition that "if the Establishment Republicans throw Trump under the bus ... They're FINISHED"?

I'm afraid you didn't go quite far enough, though. Have you seen what big tech has done to conservatives since Potatohead Joe was declared the winner? Read about the new pogroms being advanced by the left toward wrong think by 50% of our populous? The house just violated all of their own rules in slamming through another impeachment without even so much as a show investigation, which, by the by, is also unconstitutional.

Sorry my friend...I do not consider myself a quitter, I believe you are myopic on where we stand in historical perspective. This election and it's aftermath have proven that the soapbox has been pulled from beneath half the people, that the ballot box is now useless, and that only one box remains in the arsenal (pun intended).

Feel free to tilt at windmills that neither pump water nor grind grist into meal any longer...that is certainly your prerogative.
    A lazy ass response that I hear from quitters all the time. Don't insult the rest of us by implying that we don't know the massive disadvantage. We do. Just don't pat yourself on the back if the enemy manages to win. Quitters who don't help us, are actually helping our opponents WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    This is so true. If you don't try you are guaranteed of losing. Like "wasting money" on lottery tickets. If you don't buy one you are guaranteed not to win. Even if the odds are one in a billion, that number will hit at some point. So trying to stop the slide is a valiant goal, worthy of an attempt because not only is not trying idiotic as you say, but not trying is a guaranteed defeat.
    LOL, per the lotto comment. If there is a massive jackpot. I'll buy 1 dollar ticket. That's it. Just because the odds are astronomically against you, the odds have to land on SOMEONE. I'm just not one of those fools who spends their entire paycheck on lotto tickets. Now THAT's idiotic. But a couple of bucks .... if the jackpot is HUGE. Yeah. I'll risk it.

A lazy ass response that I hear from quitters all the time. Don't insult the rest of us by implying that we don't know the massive disadvantage. We do. Just don't pat yourself on the back if the enemy manages to win. Quitters who don't help us, are actually helping our opponents WIN.
    Good reply...you addressed none of the points made, dismissed them with disdain, and painted yourself as a true patriot. My hat is off to you...you've used the enemies playbook in exemplary fashion to dismiss every point I made.

I'm sure your mother is most proud.

Look, I understand your desire to remain positive...I would like to be in that camp myself, however my examinations of history and logical derivations of the application to events of today argue otherwise to me.

A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS BLATANTLY STOLEN, WITH ALL MEDIA SUPPORTING THAT STEAL, ALL COURTS REFUSING TO EVEN HEAR EVIDENCE OF THAT STEAL, UP TO AND INCLUDING THE US SUPREME COURT!!!!

You are fully free to organize grass roots, support who you want, bury yourself in a delusion that somehow this can be reversed via the ballot box. I'm telling you reality on the ground says that's not gonna happen.

Anymore than petitioning King George would have stopped the English from oppressing the colonies...

Wake up man!
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 01-16-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Good reply...you addressed none of the points made, dismissed them with disdain, and painted yourself as a true patriot. My hat is off to you...you've used the enemies playbook in exemplary fashion to dismiss every point I made.

I'm sure your mother is most proud.

Look, I understand your desire to remain positive...I would like to be in that camp myself, however my examinations of history and logical derivations of the application to events of today argue otherwise to me.

A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS BLATANTLY STOLEN, WITH ALL MEDIA SUPPORTING THAT STEAL, ALL COURTS REFUSING TO EVEN HEAR EVIDENCE OF THAT STEAL, UP TO AND INCLUDING THE US SUPREME COURT!!!!

You are fully free to organize grass roots, support who you want, bury yourself in a delusion that somehow this can be reversed via the ballot box. I'm telling you reality on the ground says that's not gonna happen.

Anymore than petitioning King George would have stopped the English from oppressing the colonies...

Wake up man!
    I like you both, but agree with you in this case. The Republic is over. When a party can openly steal an election by mass fraud in 5 key states and have the media and courts ignore it, That spells bad news. Worse news is when that result means a party has total control of two branches of gov't, with the option and ability to control the third if it doesn't go along. It's over. Adding 4 more senators or more by adding states and making 30 million illegals present in our country voting citizens is icing on a cake of tyranny. I don't think a lot of people realize the gravity of what just happened. There will be no in two years we'll come back and beat em. The next step that will be initiated promptly will essentially be disarmament through legal restriction or temporary registration. Then the permanent confiscation will begin. The most effective weapons to combat tyranny start first. Then it moves on to the idots that say what do you need that for, we have bolt actions and shotguns to shoot deer and turkeys, we still have the second amendment.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast