Thread: Worst worry? EMP? Plague? Gov't crackdown? Gov't re education camps?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Worst worry? EMP? Plague? Gov't crackdown? Gov't re education camps?

Mine is EMP and Plague. EMP by natural or artificial means. Electricity off, 90% of the population dies in a few months and we resort to barbarism fighting for who has heat, water, food while the millions from cities look for it. Plague is better IMO. Most die off, leaving the immune to collect the spoils left in peace or a reasonable facsimile.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I suspect we are looking at all of the above to happen along with war and huge natural disasters.

Famine, followed by plague. The destruction of the supply chains was first, using covid, followed by further destruction of fuel, trucking, food and fertilizer plants (at least 20 instances of explosions and/or fires at such in just the last few months...how often does that happen?), and no need for EMP...

Cyber setups already have the grid kill switch...rolling blackouts, areas devoid of power for extended periods...EMP is so old school, too traceable.

Followed by another plandemic...

We're deep in the weeds my friends!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

To sum up everything that's been mentioned, plus whatever else will be mentioned, in just two words: Commucrat Party.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    To sum up everything that's been mentioned, plus whatever else will be mentioned, in just two words: Commucrat Party.
    You just knocked it outta the park with bases loaded!

Now lets cover the "whatever else will be mentioned"

Biggest concern is an EMP or another geomagnetic storm like the Carrington Event.

While I completely agree that cutting off fuel and food will cause a famine, which could be use to control people, that scenario takes time.
    The time frame could require several weeks to several months; this all depending on logistics, area of the country and resilience of the local population.
    Consider Los Angeles compared to the rural areas around Mt. Shasta, or Dallas Metro area compared to Ft. Stockton.
    In different areas of the same state the residents can have completely different motivations and mind sets.

Shortages cause fear, which turns to panic and the urban areas will start demand help from the state and federal governments.
    People in the rural areas will be the first to realize what is happening, then prepare and organize before the final crescendo of total chaos.

Maybe some people in rural areas have ALREADY prepared and organized

Point is, shortages require a timeline. Time means questions will be asked, evidence uncovered and fingers pointed.
    This leads to the potential for retaliation against those that are creating social sabotage and causing a deliberate collapse.

While I completely agree that an EMP is potentially traceable, does anyone here really think the current administration would do anything?
    Now - assuming they were not directly involved, the bureaucrats and deep state would crap their collective pants then bend over / grasp ankles and beg for help from the U.N., E.U., W.E.F. and China, along with the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause.

The important thing to remember is an EMP is highly effective at taking out the private citizens' ability organize and defend their communities.
    First against the liberal hordes that will come boiling out of the blue hives (like Los Angeles and Dallas) with the intent of looting and scavenging rural areas.
    Next against an enemy aggressor that's willing to sit off-shore for 90 to 120 days until the majority of the population has routed itself into oblivion.

Ever think of how many important things have integrated circuits that the pulse would destroy?
    Here's a short list:

Two way radios, LED flashlights and home surveillance systems

Any sight or optic that require batteries (Aimpoint, Eotech, along with night vision / thermal scopes / lasers)

Virtually all electric generators made after 1980 will be fried. Also remember that lights at night or the sound of a generator will draw unwanted attention.

Any gasoline vehicle with a computer is done. This including HEI ignition or a hall effect switch (pretty much ANY factory ignition system made after 1974)
    Also any vehicle that can be modified to a points type distributor needs a mechanical fuel pump and belt driven radiator fan.

Any diesel vehicle with a computer or electronic injectors (almost every automotive and heavy truck diesel older than the early 90's)

No matter how much fuel for these vehicles is stored, it's eventually going to run out.
    There will be no natural gas for cooking and heating.
    When the propane tanks run out there will be no delivery trucks to refill them.

Anyone with a well that has an electric pump better have a backup or hand pump that they know how to install and prime.
    It's only a matter of days until the water towers are emptied with no pumps at the treatment plants to refill them.

No running water means modern sanitation is done...
    Along with no more modern medicine when the current supplies run out.

NOW were on the happy subject of pandemics! Yeeeeaaaaa!!!
    Before we even mention covid or sars, lets look at some of the infamous killers from the recent past:
    Cholera, dysentery, typhus from dirty water, along with hepatitis variants A, B, and C from damn near anywhere.
    One of the fastest spreaders will be flies, crows and wild dogs feasting on the abundant corpses.
    They can carry all manner of assorted nastiness on their feet and in their feces that will end up on your doorstep without any warning.

Oh, lets not forget:
    Salmonella, e.coli, botulism and assorted bacteria from spoiled food.

Okay, never said I was going to paint y'all a pretty picture.
    But everyone just knew I was gonna write a book
    Yes, I do think about these kinds of situations.

First found Gunsnet and signed up back in 1999

Those were the care free days for me, the 'good ole days' when we used to talk about SHTF including any and all of the above.
    I paid attention. Back the it was only a game but I DID pay attention.

Now, it's different.
    I turned 35 on Wednesday and have a wife along with two boys.
    My family is my world, they are a blessing beyond words and I am deliriously happy.

So yes, I do think about and plan for the worst case scenarios.

Not because I want to, because I have to.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    About vehicles with computers running just about everything. I know for a fact as I was involved in the testing that several manufacturers of ECMs and TCMs (Engine Control Modules and Transmission Control Modules) passed military testing for EMP protection. Some wonder-features might not work but many vehicle will still be driveable assuming fuel can be found.

I really don't think they'll go the EMP route, unless it's a rogue thing, like the Norks. I don't think they want to eliminate all the things that work, they want to eliminate most of those who work the things.

We are the target, not our stuff.

Think about it in relation to the Great Reset...they want to depopulate the world, but they still need a way to track and control the plebes who are allowed to survive. And they will need plebes, serfs, drones to work and supply their royal hinnies if they succeed. And to track and control what's left they will need the infrastructure to do it. I think that rules EMP out.

They have the cyberwar ability to cause everything from brown outs, rolling black outs, complete blackouts whether by city, region or nationally. They just game planned it last year...just like they game planned a pandemic lockdown scenario before deploying the kung flu.

The purpose here is terror, with a constant demand to comply so the boogie man is no longer at your doorstep.

Be a good little slave, and perhaps we'll countenance a meager subsistence level life for you...
    \
    ...and please don't forget to tip your waitress.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 04-23-2022 at 04:59 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I really don't think they'll go the EMP route, unless it's a rogue thing, like the Norks. I don't think they want to eliminate all the things that work, they want to eliminate most of those who work the things.

We are the target, not our stuff.

Think about it in relation to the Great Reset...they want to depopulate the world, but they still need a way to track and control the plebes who are allowed to survive. And they will need plebes, serfs, drones to work and supply their royal hinnies if they succeed. And to track and control what's left they will need the infrastructure to do it. I think that rules EMP out.

They have the cyberwar ability to cause everything from brown outs, rolling black outs, complete blackouts whether by city, region or nationally. They just game planned it last year...just like they game planned a pandemic lockdown scenario before deploying the kung flu.

The purpose here is terror, with a constant demand to comply so the boogie man is no longer at your doorstep.

Be a good little slave, and perhaps we'll countenance a meager subsistence level life for you...
    \
    ...and please don't forget to tip your waitress.
    The sun could also cause an EMP like Nobeard noted.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    About vehicles with computers running just about everything. I know for a fact as I was involved in the testing that several manufacturers of ECMs and TCMs (Engine Control Modules and Transmission Control Modules) passed military testing for EMP protection. Some wonder-features might not work but many vehicle will still be driveable assuming fuel can be found.
    The testing I heard about said emp would shut down most ecu/tcu vehicles, but you could start them right back up normally with no lasting issue. Apparently a car battery is a natural surge absorber of sorts. Might be a good idear to make sure there's a ground wire betwixt hood and body at least. After that you'd be concerned with are the gas stations going to be operational, as well as refineries and trucks to transport gas, let alone anything else that needs to be trucked.

The main thing will be to get as much running again as possible as quickly as possible, but expect the evil billionaires club to do everything they can to hinder that. They aren't going to let go of their great reset crisis easily.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Running out of toilet paper, dammit, if i have to resort to using brown paper grocery bags again i'm gonna kill something...

the other stuff mentioned would be pretty bad too

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Running out of toilet paper, dammit, if i have to resort to using brown paper grocery bags again i'm gonna kill something...
    Meh...try dried corn cobs instead...180 grit in a pinch...

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post

the other stuff mentioned would be pretty bad too
    I used to keep old phone books just in case. My wife has stockpiled so much paper towels and toilet paper at this point, I can't finish putting in a heated floor downstairs

With the recent news of additional lockdowns in China, several analysts have opined that these will cause further supply chain disruptions. The article also pointed out that the port city of Shanghai is so blocked up that they are running out of places to offload the ships and the importers can't get to their stuff to take it away from the port.

Fun times ahead.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    With the recent news of additional lockdowns in China, several analysts have opined that these will cause further supply chain disruptions. The article also pointed out that the port city of Shanghai is so blocked up that they are running out of places to offload the ships and the importers can't get to their stuff to take it away from the port.

Fun times ahead.
    Don't we get most of the material, if not the whole batteries for electric cars from China? Does that mean that I won't be able to spend $70,000 on an electric car to save a couple of dollars in gasoline per our illustrious leader? Come on man!