Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The big GN Purge is happening

The big GN Purge is happening

...its time. Take out your virtual guns and go hunting for the spammers you hate. You have till sun up!

FYI, I'm going thru and doing mass deletion of accounts that meet the criteria of being fake accounts. 0 post count, havent logged in in ages.. Such is the life of a spammer.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Thank you!

Amen to that !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

There were about 89k junk accounts.. down to 20k right now and still slaughtering...
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    There were about 89k junk accounts.. down to 20k right now and still slaughtering...
    Isn't there a season limit?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Isn't there a season limit?
    No. All are fair game, no limits, no restrictions.

ALL PURGED! :-)

EDIT: Wait... still more.. about 22k left. Accounts labelled SPAM. It'll be a few more minutes.
    -=Alex=-

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Outstanding! (Just making sure I have at least a post count of 1!)
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I've always found it odd that a thread will have 300 views and two comments.

how many members does that leave us with? 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I've always found it odd that a thread will have 300 views and two comments.
    Do bots viewing posts show up in the 'view count'? Or is that only real people? I always wondered that.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    how many members does that leave us with? 10?
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Hard to believe that at one time this was the number one ranked site on the net!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Hard to believe that at one time this was the number one ranked site on the net!
    Those were grand old days for sure! I bought and made my first guns due to this site.

This is one of five forums I visit and it is the ONE with the most activity and the most diversity of subjects.
    If you will remember, I posted that thread about "Ask Marilyn" last week and I posted it in all five forums. Two of them locked it with in an hour or two with one doing it before anybody had been able to comment. This board seems to have the the most openness of subject matter of the five which is one of the reasons I like it so much here.
    I can only hope that this diversity of subject matter and opinion remains this open.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This is one of five forums I visit and it is the ONE with the most activity and the most diversity of subjects.
    If you will remember, I posted that thread about "Ask Marilyn" last week and I posted it in all five forums. Two of them locked it with in an hour or two with one doing it before anybody had been able to comment. This board seems to have the the most openness of subject matter of the five which is one of the reasons I like it so much here.
    I can only hope that this diversity of subject matter and opinion remains this open.
    Have to agree with this. This is one of many reasons I have remained with Gunsnet for so long. As well as it having people with such a great knowledge of firearms, and an amazing fact finder if we don't, anything goes as long as it remains civil, and we even have a forum for just a little off the rails... ok a lot off the rails!

Those were grand old days for sure! I bought and made my first guns due to this site.
    Same here, after I found this site in 2001,I really started spending money on guns,lol.

I was thinking about the civility the other day when reading this thread. Since we have run off the riffraff years ago and we've all been on this thing together for years we can discuss and disagree on topics respectfully for the most part

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 351 View Post
    Same here, after I found this site in 2001,I really started spending money on guns,lol.
    funny, the same thing happened to me.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Yep, i can thank the folks on this site for at least half the guns i own

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs up

Even thought the days of this site being the number one site are gone. It is still here because of us still coming here to talk about our passion and the members that still come here to keep it going. Well done guys!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Ditto!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast