Thread: Mannlicher M95

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Mannlicher M95

Article on Mannlicher M95 with bolt disassembly.

http://www.cruffler.com/Features/SEP...ptember01.html

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice article. Always wanted one of the long guns vs. the carbines. The short ones kick like a Mule!

I see alot of the carbines for sale at a good price and I read with interest the article link above. Am thinking of picking up one of them and a VZ 24 before prices go up. What say any of you about these little carbines and ammo availability?
    RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by panzerman View Post
    I see alot of the carbines for sale at a good price and I read with interest the article link above. Am thinking of picking up one of them and a VZ 24 before prices go up. What say any of you about these little carbines and ammo availability?
    VZ 24 rifles are fine examples of Mauser rifles, very well built. They are radically different (and better) weapons than an M95 Styre rifle.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Privi Partisan makes ammo for both. The balance and handling of both are great. Smooth actions on both.

Great for the price

I have a really nice M95 carbine I bought online (I have an 03 FFL) for $99.95. It is a beauty and came to me looking as if it had never been fired. I shot it anyway. It is really fun to shoot the 8X56 but the ammo is hard to find and when it is available it is not cheap. The straight pull bolt is unique and easy to operate, one movement to open and one to close.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by james@mosinguy.com View Post
    I have a really nice M95 carbine I bought online (I have an 03 FFL) for $99.95. It is a beauty and came to me looking as if it had never been fired. I shot it anyway. It is really fun to shoot the 8X56 but the ammo is hard to find and when it is available it is not cheap. The straight pull bolt is unique and easy to operate, one movement to open and one to close.
    Very nice. I had one years ago and I would caution you to check your action screws before each range trip. I didn't and during one string of fire the stock split from the tip of the fore end right back through the receiver area. I didn't get hurt and was able to repair the stock with gorilla glue and brass dowels but I now check all the screws on any firearm (as applicable) before firing.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell