Thread: WTS - Vietnam era night vision rifle scope P-155 collectors Viet Nam Sniper scope

WTS - Vietnam era night vision rifle scope P-155 collectors Viet Nam Sniper scope

Hello all - I'm a new mwmber and this is my 1st post -

I have for sale Vietnam era night vision rifle scope

$500

Here are some info about this - check pictures #9, 10, 11 and descriptions here:

http://www.wasabiloco.com/guns/Misc.html

As you can see from this link P-155 is value over 2K - I got this info from another site:

""""
    Abstract : The purpose of this project was to evaluate employment of the Polan P-155 infrared night vision weapon sight by Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces (RVNAF) in counterinsurgency operations in the Republic of Vietnam (RVN). During the evaluation, Vietnamese soldiers were instructed in the use of weapon sights. Following this, use of the sights by selected RVNAF units was observed and analyzed. The evaluation was conducted under actual combat conditions. Although well-trained RVNAF units were capable of using IR weapon sights, most units did not use them enough to justify issue. Reasons given for not using the sights were: (1) RVNAF units did not often operate at night; (2) the sights were too heavy and bulky for the average Vietnamese soldier; (3) RVNAF unit commanders feared loss of the sights to the Viet Cong (VC). No RVNAF unit had electrical facilities for charging batteries. It is recommended that infrared night vision weapon sights not be issued to RVNAF.
    """"""
    Also check here:

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=ge....fier=AD0367897

Click on the first link on the left for more info.

I have a Vietnam era night vision rifle scope for sale or trade. I got it from a buddy a few years ago and have no use for it. It does work, but is nothing to be amazed about. The technology for night vision back then wasn't too great. I have never tried the IR illuminater because the battery that comes with it needs to be charged (I do have the battery tho). It should work just fine as it is in great condition.
    It comes with:
    The scope
    IR illuminater lamp
    1 stanag type mount
    2 spare IR bulbs
    2 other small spare bulbs
    A few spare C batteries
    The big orange rechargeable battery for the IR light
    A few cords and misc pieces for everything
    Some tools
    A complete original users guide/parts diagram
    And the heavy duty pressure sealed case

According to the parts guide I have everything that was originally issued minus one allen wrench and a green canvas cover for the ir battery.
    Click on the pics. to get a full size of them
    More pictures available

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bush pilot; 08-18-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: More pictures

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I remember them. Took 3 minutes for your eyes to get adjusted to see anything out of it then some yahoo would light up a cigarette or turn on a flashlight and you had to start all over again. Never thought I would ever see one in the box again.

I thought that was really golly gee whiz high tech back then, lord that was a long time ago.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Cool Scope

I agree with you 100% - this is very old - collector item - I was hoping that someone want this as a piece oh history.
    As you can see from the first link with 3 pictures attached this is for sale for 2400bucks.
    I'm asking $500 OBO or trade for silver coins / bars / gold etc.....
    This below link is coooolllll - it is long but worth reading:

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=get...fier=AD0367897

Last edited by Bush pilot; 08-18-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Bush pilot wecome to gunsnet! Pretty good first post.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Cool Hello

Well Thank You ---
    This is pretty cool site ---

P-155 scope

I have a Varo model AN/PAS-4, Do you have other tools? I have a M1 Carbine mount that I want to put on a P-155 I see that yours has a Nato mount. I would like to see more.

I'm in search of one of these, and ran into this forum when looking on Google. If anybody has one for sale (hopefully, one that works!), please contact me at craig@historyhunter.com. Thanks again! Hopefully I'm not too late to the party!

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I remember them. Took 3 minutes for your eyes to get adjusted to see anything out of it then some yahoo would light up a cigarette or turn on a flashlight and you had to start all over again. Never thought I would ever see one in the box again.

I thought that was really golly gee whiz high tech back then, lord that was a long time ago.
    Kinda makes me wonder what muzzle flash would do if you had the chance to actually touch off a round while looking through this thing.

Seriously cool piece of history though. The first generation of technology that all but defines military operations in this day and age.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Don't know about up close near the receiver but muzzle flashes from a couple of hundred yards away didn't bother it a bit.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.