Thread: How To Avoid Civil War: Decentralization, Nullification, Secession

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

How To Avoid Civil War: Decentralization, Nullification, Secession

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The article seems to promote the idea that non-compliance and passive resistance is the way to go if the Dims and Deep State take over after Trump leaves office.

"It would appear to be prudent ... to avoid a direct confrontation with the central government and not openly denounce its authority or even abjure the realm. Rather, it seems advisable to engage in a policy of passive resistance and non-cooperation. One simply stops to help in the enforcement in each and every federal law. One assumes the following attitude: “Such are your rules, and you enforce them. I cannot hinder you, but I will not help you either, as my only obligation is to my local constituents.

This idea may be the way to go and it is the way the Left (CA and CO) state governments are using right now...and with success.

Here's why the Fed Gov't would be hard pressed to enforce such state actions:

"Consistently applied, no cooperation, no assistance whatsoever on any level, the central government’s power would be severely diminished or even evaporate. And in light of the general public opinion, it would appear highly unlikely that the federal government would dare to occupy a territory whose inhabitants did nothing else than trying to mind their own business. Waco, a teeny group of freaks, is one thing. But to occupy, or to wipe out a significantly large group of normal, accomplished, upstanding citizens is quite another, and quite a more difficult thing."

I'm not sure this would hold the Fed back, as they would be willing to flex their muscles in order to show the rest of the country they mean business.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...tion-secession
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    When this country was founded, we the people told the government what we wanted and what to do. In the last hundred years or so it has transformed to the government telling the people what to do.

I find it sad that there are people talking about another civil war, but with people in the government like we have now, who are staging a coup by the constant drum beat of impeachment, and the news media being led around like a hungry lap-dog, there are going to be a lot of very angry people who unfortunately might open their windows and shout "I have had enough and am not going to take it anymore".

Like a rabid dog, there are some in government blinded by what they want versus what is really good for we the people. Sadly, they have found a way to stay in office like it is a career rather than a temporary position of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Like a rabid dog, there are some in government blinded by what they want versus what is really good for we the people. Sadly, they have found a way to stay in office like it is a career rather than a temporary position of honor.
    Every office, even those appointed, should have term limits.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Every office, even those appointed, should have term limits.
    Agreed completely. Also, LAWS should have time limits (say... 5 to 10 years). If the law is good and useful, it can be re-authorized. If not, it dies and goes away.

If this were done we wouldn't have a book of laws that are 90% obsolete and require a forklift to move. Crap like "it's illegal to chew gum and walk backwards on Sunday" would no longer lurk in the law, waiting for some scum sucking lawyer to find and use to jail people and add funds to the town.

While we're fixing things... get rid of the IRS and the yearly bullshit of filing tax returns. Eliminate federal withholding and simply add a federal tax to purchases (like sales tax). No loopholes, completely fair. A poor person buys little, therefore pays little.

Nah, too simple, to fair. Would never happen.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Agreed completely. Also, LAWS should have time limits (say... 5 to 10 years). If the law is good and useful, it can be re-authorized. If not, it dies and goes away.

If this were done we wouldn't have a book of laws that are 90% obsolete and require a forklift to move. Crap like "it's illegal to chew gum and walk backwards on Sunday" would no longer lurk in the law, waiting for some scum sucking lawyer to find and use to jail people and add funds to the town.

While we're fixing things... get rid of the IRS and the yearly bullshit of filing tax returns. Eliminate federal withholding and simply add a federal tax to purchases (like sales tax). No loopholes, completely fair. A poor person buys little, therefore pays little.

Nah, too simple, to fair. Would never happen.
    Yep on both points www.fairtax.org is the way to go. No more political use of the IRS, no more worrying about being audited. We think the economy is good now, 0% tax on corporations? Companies with good paying jobs would come flying back to the US.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    We're already seeing this in VA, after the craps took over the state. many counties and sheriffs are declaring their counties 2nd amendment zones. They will not enforce the crazy gun laws set to come out of the state legislature. Numerous Sheriffs have said they will deputize 100's or thousands of their constituents to defend their rights.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

people in this country aren't hungry enough for a civil war. when the government starts shooting people in the streets or we get invaded, maybe. meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I see so many videos on a possible civil war, but man I can't see it. People are just too comfortable, and the vast majority of us get along just fine.
    Now if we get a serious money crash like in Rawles' Patriots, all bets are off.

Agree that it is not likely to happen. Long ago before the snowflake generation, government troops opened fire on citizens on a college campus. This was before colleges were made "gun free". Four people died, many injured with some still in wheelchairs from the attack on unarmed civilians. What happened as a result? Nothing but lost family members and memories.

The government waged a long war on the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas for quite a number of days. Anyone come to their rescue? Over 80 civilians including young children were killed, but again, nothing came of it.

As I said earlier, we the people were originally given reign over the government, but that pendulum has swung so far that regaining control seems nearly impossible. It would take a massive turnout at the voting booth to get that pendulum to start back, but too many people prefer to be told what to do than to think for themselves and risk even a minor setback.

Agree that it is not likely to happen. Long ago before the snowflake generation, government troops opened fire on citizens on a college campus. This was before colleges were made "gun free". Four people died, many injured with some still in wheelchairs from the attack on unarmed civilians. What happened as a result? Nothing but lost family members and memories.

The government waged a long war on the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas for quite a number of days. Anyone come to their rescue? Over 80 civilians including young children were killed, but again, nothing came of it.

As I said earlier, we the people were originally given reign over the government, but that pendulum has swung so far that regaining control seems nearly impossible. It would take a massive turnout at the voting booth to get that pendulum to start back, but too many people prefer to be told what to do than to think for themselves and risk even a minor setback.
    One of the major reasons nothing happened is that people still believed the Media. The Media spun the lie that the Branch Davidians were a polygamous group of inbred people lead by a madman. This was not accurate. The Media was siding with the government, making them look like the saviors. However, one of the main things that was under-reported was the the government had herded most of the members into one side of the compound then set fire to it and burned the people inside. A lot of children were inside with their parents. (A rough way to die).

Don't forget Randy Weaver, either. The Media presented him as an insane anarchist who refused to surrender. However, a government sniper shot and killed his son and his wife, before he was killed. Not sure if the baby survived, or not.

In both event's, the Media didn't release all the facts, and all the government's involvement in both events that led up to the violent killings that ended both situations.

Now, the public won't be fooled quite so easily by the Media, when the government decides to flex its muscles on patriotic civilians.

If you listen closely enough, Trump is the only thing preventing a lot of bloodshed right now. People are holding out hope that he can turn the tide away from government overreach and put them back to the way they should be.

Of course, the Dims/Libs/Communists are fighting tooth and nail to prevent him from doing this.....

People are getting totally fed up with all the lies the Dims are promoting and aren't going to believe what the Media says anymore.

We'll see what happens....

Freedom isn't free.

Both of those were isolated events. Nobody is going to go to war over one illegal government operation (especially when the victims are demonized and villified by the media).

But if/when widespread things like door to door confiscations begin, you WILL see resistance with lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    We're already seeing this in VA, after the craps took over the state. many counties and sheriffs are declaring their counties 2nd amendment zones. They will not enforce the crazy gun laws set to come out of the state legislature. Numerous Sheriffs have said they will deputize 100's or thousands of their constituents to defend their rights.
    A lot of county sheriffs in NY have declared that they do not support the "SAFE" act and will not enforce it. Unfortunately, the governor's personal SS (the state police) are more than happy to enforce it for their fuhrer.

I am sure every move of the feds against the people will result in the people being demonized by the "news" media.

I wonder if the news media has their broadcast towers protected. In a true armed insurrection in this country, the media would have to be shut up.

Again, I hope it never comes to this.

FYI:
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...civil_war.html

And, as for dealing with state "government", here is a horror story of what we may be facing. Unfortunately, this one is a true story.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...l_tyranny.html
    Last edited by JTHunter; 12-07-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I can see it starting no matter who takes office.

In the case of a psychopath leftist, they will try to tyrannize and it's game on.
    In the case of a constitutionalist, the left will likely try to get it started.
    Either case it will be started by those espousing communism.

Those espousing communism will be up against much of the enlisted military, 423 million guns in private hands, billions of rounds of ammunition, and a portion of 100 million American gun owners who will fight for their country.

Of course the psychopaths will bring in outside help from their likeminded fellows Iran, China, Russia, several south of the border shitholes, and likely even Canada, who also wish to destroy our country, take our freedom, property, and lives. Pretty much the entire un would be on their side.

Just some cheery thoughts for you.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I can see it starting no matter who takes office.

In the case of a psychopath leftist, they will try to tyrannize and it's game on.
    In the case of a constitutionalist, the left will likely try to get it started.
    Either case it will be started by those espousing communism.

Those espousing communism will be up against much of the enlisted military, 423 million guns in private hands, billions of rounds of ammunition, and a portion of 100 million American gun owners who will fight for their country.

Of course the psychopaths will bring in outside help from their likeminded fellows Iran, China, Russia, several south of the border shitholes, and likely even Canada, who also wish to destroy our country, take our freedom, property, and lives. Pretty much the entire un would be on their side.

Just some cheery thoughts for you.
    Remember... there's a rifle behind every blade of grass.

I am sure every move of the feds against the people will result in the people being demonized by the "news" media.

I wonder if the news media has their broadcast towers protected. In a true armed insurrection in this country, the media would have to be shut up.

Again, I hope it never comes to this.
    Microwave and fiber optic links are super easy to take out. Satellites can only be jammed.

Creeping into a state near you, the growing cancer:

https://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.p...p-Magazine-Ban