Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shutdown Poll

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Shutdown Poll

Here is the link, the poll is after the story. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Currently more people are saying that the Democrats should be the ones compromising, on an MSN poll. That is interesting and heartening all at the same time.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So far, in all the years that I have been following USA politics, the saying from the democrats has always been "what's mine is mine and what your's is negotiable". Seems nothing has changed.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Just voted... it's now 50% Trump, 48% Democrats.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    So far, in all the years that I have been following USA politics, the saying from the democrats has always been "what's mine is mine and what your's is negotiable". Seems nothing has changed.
    Except now Trump is calling them on it. I hope he will "stay the course".
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

60% Trump; 47% Dimocrats.

I have an idea that the polls are being tampered with to fulfill an agenda. After all, it's sponsored by MSN.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

60+47=107

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    60+47=107
    Interesting, huh?

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Interesting, huh?
    Yes, considering I looked after posting and it was 50% + 48% + 2% = 100%

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Yes, considering I looked after posting and it was 50% + 48% + 2% = 100%
    Yeah, I never posted the "undecided" votes. I think that was something like 3% when I cast my vote.

Methinks this whole set up is rigged to show support for their agenda.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I'm trying to remember how the last shutdown in 2013 effected me. i can't remember, must not have been that bad. I do remember that the national parks were shut down and pay was delayed for the military and .gov employees. Seems pretty painless to me for something as important as border security....FUCK IT! SHUT IT DOWN>

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I'm trying to remember how the last shutdown in 2013 effected me. i can't remember, must not have been that bad. I do remember that the national parks were shut down and pay was delayed for the military and .gov employees. Seems pretty painless to me for something as important as border security....FUCK IT! SHUT IT DOWN>
    I agree. Keep it shut down. Most of the ones being affected, in the pocketbook, are dims, anyway. Maybe, they'll start contacting their dimocrat representatives and tell them step up and give the money for the wall.

Freedom isn't free.

Cher calls on 'hero' Nancy Pelosi to give into Trump's border wall funding demand
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...funding-demand
    Cher called on "hero" House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to give into President Trump’s demands for a border wall for the good of American people.
    The outspoken Trump critic said that the president was playing politics and Democrats are the ones who need to step up and stop the suffering people are facing during the shutdown.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Cher calls on 'hero' Nancy Pelosi to give into Trump's border wall funding demand
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...funding-demand
    Cher called on "hero" House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to give into President Trump’s demands for a border wall for the good of American people.
    The outspoken Trump critic said that the president was playing politics and Democrats are the ones who need to step up and stop the suffering people are facing during the shutdown.
    Hopefully, more will follow suite.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nancy is democrat to the core. When King Barack wanted a wall she was all for it. Now that there is a chance to get one, she is against it because of her hatred for the current president.

Hoping enough will turn against her and Chuckie and force them to capitulate... for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Nancy is democrat to the core. When King Barack wanted a wall she was all for it. Now that there is a chance to get one, she is against it because of her hatred for the current president.

Hoping enough will turn against her and Chuckie and force them to capitulate... for the children.
    Pelosi is also the daughter of a past Baltimore Mayor who had ties to La Costa Nostra. So, she's been involved with gangsters all her life. It only makes sense that she would continue carrying on with the tradition she grew up with.

She's dirty through and through.

Freedom isn't free.

Republican Montana Sen. Steve Daines introduced a bill on the Senate floor Thursday that would withhold the pay of members of Congress during future government shutdowns.
    https://stream.org/daines-introduces...s-others-join/
    Daines’s introduction of the bill, sponsored by Republican Texas Sen. John Cornyn, comes hours after Daines announced he sent a letter requesting the secretary of the U.S. Senate withhold his pay during the ongoing partial shutdown of the federal government.
    “Members of Congress are sent to Washington, D.C., to represent the great people of their state and keep the federal government open, working and funded. So it’s simple. If they can’t do that, they shouldn’t get paid. No work, no pay,” Daines told The Daily Caller News Foundation after the bill was introduced.
    Republican Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw also announced Thursday he would refuse to be paid until the government is open, saying he asked the chief administrative officer to withhold his pay until both sides can come to an agreement on border security.
    “Democrats aren’t the only people who want this shutdown to end. Republicans have tried to compromise, but Democrats won’t come to the table and negotiate in good faith. I cannot let federal employees take the fall for Democrats’ grandstanding, so I am withholding my pay until this partial shutdown ends,” Crenshaw told TheDCNF.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Republican Montana Sen. Steve Daines introduced a bill on the Senate floor Thursday that would withhold the pay of members of Congress during future government shutdowns.
    https://stream.org/daines-introduces...s-others-join/
    Daines’s introduction of the bill, sponsored by Republican Texas Sen. John Cornyn, comes hours after Daines announced he sent a letter requesting the secretary of the U.S. Senate withhold his pay during the ongoing partial shutdown of the federal government.
    “Members of Congress are sent to Washington, D.C., to represent the great people of their state and keep the federal government open, working and funded. So it’s simple. If they can’t do that, they shouldn’t get paid. No work, no pay,” Daines told The Daily Caller News Foundation after the bill was introduced.
    Republican Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw also announced Thursday he would refuse to be paid until the government is open, saying he asked the chief administrative officer to withhold his pay until both sides can come to an agreement on border security.
    “Democrats aren’t the only people who want this shutdown to end. Republicans have tried to compromise, but Democrats won’t come to the table and negotiate in good faith. I cannot let federal employees take the fall for Democrats’ grandstanding, so I am withholding my pay until this partial shutdown ends,” Crenshaw told TheDCNF.
    Dimocrats would NEVER vote for this bill. It doesn't make sense to them.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

voted. its 50% Trump 48% Dems
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

After trying both Firefox and IE, I could not see any poll.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    After trying both Firefox and IE, I could not see any poll.
    Looks like they took it down. I expect that it did not show that the country was against Trump, and actually supported him, so they had to get rid of it. You know, it wasn't "news".
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast