Thread: Amazing thing happened to me today.

Amazing thing happened to me today.

Ok, a little background... I believe in God, not because of "faith", but because I can see the beauty of nature, the infinity of the sky, the miracle of life and reproduction, etc. I don't need "faith" because I can see that obviously there is a God. In fact, if I ONLY had to rely on blind faith, I would not believe anything. That's also why I have nothing to do with organized religion. It's all man made.

So, because of this, although I could see God, I had a tough time with the idea of Jesus. All we "know" about Jesus comes from man made books. Thetefore, my mindset was "I'd like to know that Jesus is real, but where is the proof?". At the same time, I felt bad about being so arrogant as to want "proof". I was stuck, needing proof but not wanting to ask for proof.

Then, last week I was thinking about it again and tried a "middle ground". I asked Jesus for some kind of proof, then apologized for my arrogance, finally settling on the idea "sorry to be so arrogant, but you know how my mind works so whatever you want to do, I'll listen to". Then I fell asleep and kinda forgot about it.

Anyway, this afternoon, I had something very important to do with my son and his wife and I got a freakin MIGRAINE. The shimmering aura started, then broke into a circle and spread left and right. I thought "Oh no, not now!" and laid down in the dark, hoping it would go away. But, it was just getting worse and I knew it wad going to be a whopper... puke, diarrhea, headache, the whole nine yards. I was lying on my back, "looking" at the shimmering C shape in my eyes, and out of the blue I said "Jesus, please take away this migraine, I can't be sick now". In a second, the shimmers went away. They didn't fade, they instantly shut off like a light switch. Immediately after, the thought came into my head "how's that for proof?" Not a voice, but a thought. .. and the "thought" came into my mind... it wasn't me thinking it myself, it sort of "came in from outside".

Anyway, now I have a mixed feeling... I'm overjoyed that I was actually shown "proof", and at the same time feel guilty for being so arrogant as to actually want proof. I'm awed that Jesus actually did this for me. I don' t deserve it.

I'm glad that now I KNOW.

Neat, huh?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Yes, Praise the LORD.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Not a voice, but a thought. .. and the "thought" came into my mind... it wasn't me thinking it myself, it sort of "came in from outside".
    I know what you're trying to describe first hand
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I know what you're trying to describe first hand
    I do as well, though for me it came from the other team.

It was an awakening.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've also had a few things in my life that prove to me God exists.

I dunno, I kinda feel sorry for people who can believe dna came about with no designer.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

As a baptized Christian (at about 8) and an unconfirmed Catholic (mid-teens), I have for many years not been much of a believer in either of those religions. As a freshman and sophomore in college, I was involved with a Bible study group and have read over 90% of the New Testament (KJV) twice and over 75% of the Old Testament (one reading over several months). Those readings and the subsequent hypocrisy observed in so many of these sanctimonious frauds, I lost faith in "organized religion". This is NOT to say that I do not believe in a "higher power" or a "guiding influence" but that there are "spirits" that can and do guide and influence us. In many respects, I think the "Earth Mother/Sky Father" models that many Native Americans use in their belief systems may be closer to the truth.
    Think about this for a moment. What we call "angels" and "demons" were merely "good" and "bad" spirits in Native American systems. How we react with and to them is on us.

Do you believe in an immortal, omniscient being/spirit that is the basis of what we call God/Yahweh/Allah (etc.)? Are humans the longest living creatures on this planet or are there creatures that live hundreds or thousands of years? What if there was/is a being that has a lifespan measured in the tens of thousands of years? Or more? To us, that would seem "immortal", would it not? With a long life like that as well as advanced technology, they could do some mind-bendingly incredible things, right? IIRC, Issac Asimov said decades ago that "Advanced technology, sufficiently advanced, shall be indistinguishable from magic". Look at how far advanced modern humans have become in the last 50 years. How would we appear to the Cro-Magnon humans of 10,000 - 12,000 years ago? Or Neanderthals of 30,000 years ago? What would we be from THEIR perspective?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Harvard Selects an Atheist for Chief University Chaplain
    https://stream.org/harvard-selects-a...sity-chaplain/
    Harvard University was established by Puritan colonists to educate American clergymen under the motto “Truth for Christ and the Church,” the Times reported. The university, named after Pastor John Harvard, chose clergymen to lead Harvard for over 70 years.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Harvard Selects an Atheist for Chief University Chaplain

That is certainly Facepalm-worthy.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Angry

more wrong is right, right is wrong.