Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Alec Baldwin

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Poor Alec Baldwin

We should all support him in his time of sorrow.

The bastard screwed up big time. I hope he is held accountable.

As much as I dislike the creep.....

His culpability depends on the actual situation......

Situation 1...... The scrip is Act 1, Scene 1.....Actor is handed ready to use gun by armorer. Actor points gun in specific direction and fires it per the script.
    Situation 2...... Actor is horsing around on the set and fires what he thinks is an empty gun or one loaded with blanks.

In Situation One he has no culpability, he was doing his job.
    In Situation 2 he's in trouble.

The people who are totally responsible are whoever was responsible for maintaining the gun and was responsible for safety with it, and the person who brought live rounds on a movie set.
    Unfortunately the armorer on set was Thell Reed's daughter. Reed is a famous speed shooter and exhibition shooter known for his work with a Colt SAA, and is a top movie armorer.
    His daughter has followed him into the movie business.

The job of a movie armorer is to maintain the guns and insure they don't get stolen or tampered with, and to see the proper gun is ready for the scene and set up with blanks.
    The LAST THING the armorer is responsible for doing is to check the gun for proper loads RIGHT before it's put in the actors hand, and the instant the scene is over, to remove the gun and secure it.

I don't know what the charges would be, whether manslaughter, depraved indifference, or a combination of charges, but whoever loaded the gun is in real trouble.

I know nothing of the movie business but what the fuck are live rounds doing any where near the set

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From what I've read on my News phone app, he, very probably, will be charged with some type of criminal charge(s). As Executive Producer, EVERYTHING that happens on his set is his responsibility, regardless of accident or not.

Other things to consider are the facts that he did not check the gun when it was handed to him (#1 Rule of handling a firearm).

He did not aim it in the direction he was supposed to (#2 Rule of handling a firearm-don't aim the gun at anything you don't intend to shoot). You are supposed to aim the gun at a dummy target located to the side of the actor you're supposed to "shoot." Obviously, he did not do this. The camera is always in a position that makes it look like the gun is really aimed at the actor, when in reality, it's not.

He fired the gun BEFORE everyone was clear of the set. People were told to get into their positions and he fired the gun BEFORE they were able to do this.

There are a number of charges the DA is considering and most of them deal with some kind of manslaughter charge.

Aside from the DA, there are quite a lot of civil charges that could be coming his way, too.

From the sounds of the article, Baldwin is totally screwed.

Personally, I hope they throw the book at him and he is sued for everything he's worth and gets a criminal record. He's a total Commucrat asshole.

Also, according the article, about three years ago, Baldwin tweeted about a police shooting (totally justifiable) where he implied that it was a wrongful shooting and he wondered how the police officer felt about killing someone who didn't deserve it.....I guess now, he can find out for himself.

Karma is a bitch.
    Last edited by alismith; 10-24-2021 at 10:01 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

He'll walk with at worst a slap on the wrist...if that.

They'll throw some clown under the bus....and ol'Alec will wring his hands and tell everyone how sorry he is.

Last edited by weevil; 10-24-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    As much as I dislike the creep.....

His culpability depends on the actual situation......

Situation 1...... The scrip is Act 1, Scene 1.....Actor is handed ready to use gun by armorer. Actor points gun in specific direction and fires it per the script.
    Situation 2...... Actor is horsing around on the set and fires what he thinks is an empty gun or one loaded with blanks.

In Situation One he has no culpability, he was doing his job.
    In Situation 2 he's in trouble.

The people who are totally responsible are whoever was responsible for maintaining the gun and was responsible for safety with it, and the person who brought live rounds on a movie set.
    Unfortunately the armorer on set was Thell Reed's daughter. Reed is a famous speed shooter and exhibition shooter known for his work with a Colt SAA, and is a top movie armorer.
    His daughter has followed him into the movie business.

The job of a movie armorer is to maintain the guns and insure they don't get stolen or tampered with, and to see the proper gun is ready for the scene and set up with blanks.
    The LAST THING the armorer is responsible for doing is to check the gun for proper loads RIGHT before it's put in the actors hand, and the instant the scene is over, to remove the gun and secure it.

I don't know what the charges would be, whether manslaughter, depraved indifference, or a combination of charges, but whoever loaded the gun is in real trouble.
    Gotta disagree with your assessment of situation one.

He violated one of the primary rules of gun safety...never point a gun at anything or one you don't intend to shoot...doesn't matter if it was ostensibly a prop gun. Additionally, per some recent stories I've read, it was not a prop gun, but a real gun that was also being used for target/shooting practice in the desert, when not required on set.

He has culpability, the armorer has culpability, and up the chain...director, producer, financiers...there will be an epic lawsuit...

But I do agree with weevil...slap on the wrist for Alec...he's a demoncrat darling and they no longer get charged with anything.

Edited to add...posted before I read alismith's post...he covers all the culpability that's fit to print...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 10-24-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    He'll walk with at worst a slap on the wrist...if that.

They'll throw some clown under the bus....and ol'Alec will wring his hands and tell everyone how sorry he is.
    Yup. He's a Commucrat so he'll shift the blame onto someone else. It's what Commucrats do when they're the ones responsible for anything that goes wrong and get caught.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Possibility- the revolver was used with dummy rounds, pulled bullet, powder removed, bullet reinstalled to make it look like from the front the revolver is loaded with real rounds. Someone accidentally pulls the trigger on the dummy, with the primer just enough power to move the bullet into the barrel. Without looking the armorer dumps the rounds into a box not noticing one is missing a bullet. Then full charge blanks are installed. Baldwin points the revolver at the camera for a shooting effect that many movies use. He pulls the trigger not expecting the full charge blank is going to propel a squib out at near full velocity. His aim isn't perfectly to the side and he pulls the pistol as many untrained people do, with the result is the expelled squib ends a young life.

The above is only conjecture on my part at this time.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

The only thing poor about Alec Baldwin is his judgement. I too agree he needs to be held accountable!
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Possibility- the revolver was used with dummy rounds, pulled bullet, powder removed, bullet reinstalled to make it look like from the front the revolver is loaded with real rounds. Someone accidentally pulls the trigger on the dummy, with the primer just enough power to move the bullet into the barrel. Without looking the armorer dumps the rounds into a box not noticing one is missing a bullet. Then full charge blanks are installed. Baldwin points the revolver at the camera for a shooting effect that many movies use. He pulls the trigger not expecting the full charge blank is going to propel a squib out at near full velocity. His aim isn't perfectly to the side and he pulls the pistol as many untrained people do, with the result is the expelled squib ends a young life.

It's my understanding that is what happened to Brandon Lee.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

There was an old Perry Mason episode where an actor was charged with murder on a movie set, just like this scenario, but good 'ol Perry got the murderer to confess to secretly loading the prop gun with a live bullet unbeknownst to the shooter...so yea, somebody will take the fall for this jerk, i doubt if he'll lose any "social credit points"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Couldn't have happened to a nicer Anti-2nd, anti-American commie POS. Hopefully his career is ruined and he'll be sued for huge $$$$.

The 24-year old "armorer" will be held accountable as well I imagine.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    It's my understanding that is what happened to Brandon Lee.

I would modify that to "that is what is alleged to have happened to Brandon Lee". Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I would modify that to "that is what is alleged to have happened to Brandon Lee". Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.
    Love this statement. Would you mind if I added this to my sig line?

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

Strange that you should mention this scenario. The day after this happened, there was an article about how Brandon Lee was killed on the set of "The Crow". The writer theorized that they had a "squib" load and a subsequent blank dislodged the bullet, striking Lee in the chest.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer Anti-2nd, anti-American commie POS. Hopefully his career is ruined and he'll be sued for huge $$$$.

The 24-year old "armorer" will be held accountable as well I imagine.
    As I understood the news stories, there was another person after the armorer that placed three guns on a cart and delivered them to the set. Supposedly, Baldwin (or someone else) may have called out "Cold gun." before Baldwin took it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

There's a poor record of successful legal charges for Hollywood accidental deaths.
    After attempts to prosecute over Vic Morrow and two children getting killed by a helicopter, they usually just let civil cases take care of it.

However, this isn't Hollywood or California, this happened in New Mexico.... local authorities have jurisdiction and may have other ideas.
    New Mexico is a heavily Dim state, but not all locals are.

As more comes out, it appears that Baldwin may have far more exposure then first thought.
    He was the producer, so he's ultimately responsible for everything that happens on a movie.

Actors often point real guns loaded with blanks directly at the camera, but there's a bullet proof plastic screen in between to stop any particles or even a projectile, and great care "is supposed" to be taken to insure safety.
    Exactly what happened will become more clear as things progress.

The sad thing is that Thell Reed's daughter's movie career is over before it really got going.
    Whether she was careless, not aware what was going on, or allowed Baldwin and the director to run over her on a safety issue to move a low budget movie along faster will come out.
    This was a low budget operation and Hollywood has a long history of money outweighing safety. A lot of people have been hurt or killed, and it's almost because the director or producer is in a hurry.

So, there may well be criminal charges for some of these people, and for certain there will be civil suits the size of Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    There's a poor record of successful legal charges for Hollywood accidental deaths.
    After attempts to prosecute over Vic Morrow and two children getting killed by a helicopter, they usually just let civil cases take care of it.

However, this isn't Hollywood or California, this happened in New Mexico.... local authorities have jurisdiction and may have other ideas.
    New Mexico is a heavily Dim state, but not all locals are.

As more comes out, it appears that Baldwin may have far more exposure then first thought.
    He was the producer, so he's ultimately responsible for everything that happens on a movie.

Actors often point real guns loaded with blanks directly at the camera, but there's a bullet proof plastic screen in between to stop any particles or even a projectile, and great care "is supposed" to be taken to insure safety.
    Exactly what happened will become more clear as things progress.

The sad thing is that Thell Reed's daughter's movie career is over before it really got going.
    Whether she was careless, not aware what was going on, or allowed Baldwin and the director to run over her on a safety issue to move a low budget movie along faster will come out.
    This was a low budget operation and Hollywood has a long history of money outweighing safety. A lot of people have been hurt or killed, and it's almost because the director or producer is in a hurry.

So, there may well be criminal charges for some of these people, and for certain there will be civil suits the size of Mars.
    I predict a lot of lawyers are going to have a good Christmas for years to come because of this.....

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Love this statement. Would you mind if I added this to my sig line?
    Feel free ali...use it in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Feel free ali...use it in good health.
    Thank-you.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast