Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was a nice republic while it lasted.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It was a nice republic while it lasted.

Man, it is hard to not get bummed out by all this. And the gloating has officially begun.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Remember, this country survived more than one war since it's inception. I am hoping today is not a window into the next 2 years.

And then I think about how long Portland of the West has been burning.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Remember, this country survived more than one war since it's inception. I am hoping today is not a window into the next 2 years.

And then I think about how long Portland of the West has been burning.
    In two years it can be civil war or comply. They have total power. Even if the Scotus stepped in to affirm our 2nd amendment rights, they would simply pack the court or threaten to pack the court. This Republic and freedom are over IMO like Altarboy, what was left of it.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Cheer up Comrades. We still have alcohol.

Gonna have myself removed from the rolls as an eligible voter. Since it no longer matters who votes, only who counts the votes, I see no point in ever going to the polls again. And while this action won't stop the communists from voting for me in the future, it will at least make it more difficult for them to do so.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Man, it is hard to not get bummed out by all this. And the gloating has officially begun.
    Now is not the time to fall upon your sword; now is the time to hone it's edge, until razor sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Gonna have myself removed from the rolls as an eligible voter. Since it no longer matters who votes, only who counts the votes, I see no point in ever going to the polls again. And while this action won't stop the communists from voting for me in the future, it will at least make it more difficult for them to do so.
    I'm not voting ever again. It was always a "conspiracy theory" that winners were pre-selected and voting was pointless, but now the "theory" has been proven. Therefore, I won't waste my time any longer. No voting for me. Let the country go to hell if that's what "the people" want.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    Now is not the time to fall upon your sword; now is the time to hone it's edge, until razor sharp.
    ...and do exactly what?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    ...and do exactly what?
    Wait for the battering ram on the door, then use it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Wait for the battering ram on the door, then use it.
    How did that work out for Butch and Sundance in Bolivia?

When they come to your door, you have no chance except to die, quickly, as they are better armed and trained. No, the only way to promulgate resistance going forward involves becoming as ruthless, even more ruthless than your enemies.

They will be mobilized and on guard, but what about their loved ones? Wives, children, parents, brothers and sisters? They can't protect them all. I abhor the thought, but until those who can be touched begin showing up...impaled, crucified, torn asunder...they will always believe they have the upper hand. That is how the jihadi's promulgate terror, that sort of asymmetric warfare. Do patriots have the stomach to follow suit is the question. Or is that slippery slope a bridge too far.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 01-08-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

When they come to your door, you have no chance except to die, quickly, as they are better armed and trained. No, the only way to promulgate resistance going forward involves becoming as ruthless, even more ruthless than your enemies.

They will be mobilized and on guard, but what about their loved ones? Wives, children, parents, brothers and sisters? They can't protect them all. I abhor the thought, but until those who can be touched begin showing up...impaled, crucified, torn asunder...they will always believe they have the upper hand. That is how the jihadi's promulgate terror, that sort of asymmetric warfare. Do patriots have the stomach to follow suit is the question. Or is that slippery slope a bridge too far.
    Good point.

The only problem is, how does someone find out who they are and where they live? Usually, they cover their faces with masks and identification is impossible. Plus, if they're from far away, no one local would know them anyway.
    Last edited by alismith; 01-08-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Don't expect it to happen but if they are stupid enough to come to everyone's door, ask them if they have a family, and hold up a copy of the constitution, and ask if they swore to uphold it. If they still want your weapons remember how few of them there are and how many more of you they have to knock down. Then if you remove two of them before they remove you, you win even in defeat. I pray that it never comes down to a door to door stupidity.

Do you think Biden will direct his gun thieves to start in south Chicago? Or the part of any city nobody in their right mind would pass through?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Don't expect it to happen but if they are stupid enough to come to everyone's door, ask them if they have a family, and hold up a copy of the constitution, and ask if they swore to uphold it. If they still want your weapons remember how few of them there are and how many more of you they have to knock down. Then if you remove two of them before they remove you, you win even in defeat. I pray that it never comes down to a door to door stupidity.

Do you think Biden will direct his gun thieves to start in south Chicago? Or the part of any city nobody in their right mind would pass through?
    You are very naïve if you think they have any fear on the day they show up at your door. On that day they already know they have won, and you just haven't recognized it yet.

On that day, they know you are nothing but prey...and they are the lion.

You are very naïve if you think they have any fear on the day they show up at your door. On that day they already know they have won, and you just haven't recognized it yet.

On that day, they know you are nothing but prey...and they are the lion.
    Someone has to come up to the door. While he may believe he has the upper hand, he will expect you to obey. They may believe their strength of numbers and firepower are superior, they still have to send someone to the door. That someone is considered a sacrifice, if need be.

So, even though they are superior and will win, the guy at the door just might be sacrificed.

If you're afraid to die for your Constitutional Rights, then make them happy and give them your guns. Some people won't be afraid to die and will try to take as many with them as they can while they still have that power.

If it becomes too easy for them to take your guns, then they will continue to do so with very little thought.

Solzhenitsyn told us how to handle this. He, also, told us what to expect if we don't do this.

Better to die free than live a slave.

Freedom isn't free.

Someone has to come up to the door. While he may believe he has the upper hand, he will expect you to obey. They may believe their strength of numbers and firepower are superior, they still have to send someone to the door. That someone is considered a sacrifice, if need be.

So, even though they are superior and will win, the guy at the door just might be sacrificed.

If you're afraid to die for your Constitutional Rights, then make them happy and give them your guns. Some people won't be afraid to die and will try to take as many with them as they can while they still have that power.

If it becomes too easy for them to take your guns, then they will continue to do so with very little thought.

Solzhenitsyn told us how to handle this. He, also, told us what to expect if we don't do this.

You seem to believe I have been advocating waiting.

Apparently, you haven't been paying attention.

You seem to believe I have been advocating waiting.

Apparently, you haven't been paying attention.
    No. You're talking about a preemptive strike. That would be good IF everyone would do it at the same time, but that won't happen. It's going to boil down to individual acts of martyrdom before others get the idea that that's enough. The government has turned on its people and needs to be stopped.

Social media is against us, Communist MSM is against us, and any form of mass communication is against us. It's gong to take small acts of defiance to get things started. The media can only hide the truth for so long before people catch on.

Freedom isn't free.

I like the way you think !

Good point.

The only problem is, how does someone find out who they are and where they live? Usually, they cover their faces with masks and identification is impossible. Plus, if they're from far away, no one local would know them anyway.
    That is easier than you might imagine. For the most part, neither LEOs/Natl. Guard are trained for that kind of military action. (Look at how the U.S. fared against the VC !) And neither they or their families are trained for "job secrecy" from their neighbors, their church members, their insurance agents, financial advisors, accountants, etc. There are "weak links" everywhere.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Well said !
    If you have any inkling that these actions are starting, put a 20 lb. propane tank by the door or some other "advantageous (for you) place" and tape a short extension cord with the wires exposed to the side of the tank. Shoot the tank and the sparking wires will set it off. Or have a lit candle nearby so there is a delay of a second or two to let more of them into the enclosed room.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Well said !
    If you have any inkling that these actions are starting, put a 20 lb. propane tank by the door or some other "advantageous (for you) place" and tape a short extension cord with the wires exposed to the side of the tank. Shoot the tank and the sparking wires will set it off. Or have a lit candle nearby so there is a delay of a second or two to let more of them into the enclosed room.
    A flame thrower would be a far better choice.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast