Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting a little worried about the future of our economy.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I'm getting a little worried about the future of our economy.

I would sure like to see more good news. I think this virus and it's effects on travel and trade could become the "everything bubble."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/oil-...war-fears.html

https://apnews.com/b0b49661addb3b99efaca70c4ba1d189

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Don't get too downhearted. Look at the sources you cited; apnews, cnbc news. Both are part of the Faux Media whose aim it is is to spread fear and panic over something that isn't really that much of a threat (at least, no more than the regular flu is).

It'll pass, just like the normal flu, usually, does.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I'm getting slaughtered on XOP and DIG, both oil ETF's. It's good for the consumer but not oil companies, banks which lend, oil workers and secondary industries ect..... I'm getting worried myself. Mostly if the economy tanks and we get Biden and the craps in charge. The oil fight is real Alismith.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'm getting slaughtered on XOP and DIG, both oil ETF's. It's good for the consumer but not oil companies, banks which lend, oil workers and secondary industries ect..... I'm getting worried myself. Mostly if the economy tanks and we get Biden and the craps in charge. The oil fight is real Alismith.
    I don't doubt you're right on this, but I was referring to the Faux Media's agenda of causing the economy to tank over something that is really insignificant. The Faux Media has blown this corona virus thing all out of proportion and that's causing people to panic, which is helping them, but hurting us.

They're doing anything and everything to shift the blame onto Trump, which if it succeeds, could get Idiot Joe or Crazy Bernie in charge. Woe to us if that happens. The US would collapse within months.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Not worried about a democrat stealing the White House because by the November elections the Covid-19 virus will be a thing of the past and the news media will be on another panic.

The big problem in my opinion is the news media stirring such a panic that we have a temporary shortage of everything. People forget that about everything except death is temporary.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Got my damn toilet paper.

Some are saying the fed and other central banksters are going to use the virus as the excuse for the global economic collapse, others say the collapse is due the existence of central banks, and that this is what central banks exist for.

Meaning, the creation of money from nothing, manipulating monetary crisis from time to time and buying up entire industries for pennies on the dollar, inflating their (banksters) way into owning everything because of debt to their system, that system where they get everything for nothing.

Apparently the crash was going to happen regardless of virus or no, the virus just makes for a more dramatic and convenient scapegoat.

Satan takes care of his own.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Got my damn toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Some are saying the fed and other central banksters are going to use the virus as the excuse for the global economic collapse, others say the collapse is due the existence of central banks, and that this is what central banks exist for.

Meaning, the creation of money from nothing, manipulating monetary crisis from time to time and buying up entire industries for pennies on the dollar, inflating their (banksters) way into owning everything because of debt to their system, that system where they get everything for nothing.

Apparently the crash was going to happen regardless of virus or no, the virus just makes for a more dramatic and convenient scapegoat.

Satan takes care of his own.
    Ah, this explains why the Commucrats are able to get away with murder, treason, lying, slander, malfeasance, corruption, etc.

Freedom isn't free.

Since this began almost 2 weeks ago, my taxable group of funds has gone down about $14 K. One day, it went up about $2600 but went right back down the next by about $2300.
    Go figure.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Since this began almost 2 weeks ago, my taxable group of funds has gone down about $14 K. One day, it went up about $2600 but went right back down the next by about $2300.
    Go figure.
    Yes. You're right not to panic. Think long term. Anyone who PANIC sells because of the drop is a SUCKER. If our stocks go down, EVERYONE in the world's stocks will go down. However, we're still the world's only super economy. Thanks to Trump's actions, we're still in the BEST position to come roaring back from any downturn. The worst thing we can do is elect Democrats, with their slew of TAXES and REGULATIONS. uh.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yes. You're right not to panic. Think long term. Anyone who PANIC sells because of the drop is a SUCKER. If our stocks go down, EVERYONE in the world's stocks will go down. However, we're still the world's only super economy. Thanks to Trump's actions, we're still in the BEST position to come roaring back from any downturn. The worst thing we can do is elect Democrats, with their slew of TAXES and REGULATIONS. uh.
    Just look at VA. Heard on the Rush today, that they just passed a new tax bill to raise the state gas tax from 16 cents/gallon to 34 cents/gallon over the nest two years. They claim that people don't spend enough time home with their families and this will help fix that problem....

Can't argue with Commucrat logic, right?

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Just look at VA. Heard on the Rush today, that they just passed a new tax bill to raise the state gas tax from 16 cents/gallon to 34 cents/gallon over the nest two years. They claim that people don't spend enough time home with their families and this will help fix that problem....

Democrats do that. I warn everyone in a state that's still red. DON'T LET the blue idiots take over. Because they're insane. At least I can appreciate that they don't bother trying to HIDE their idiocy any more. It's out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Democrats do that. I warn everyone in a state that's still red. DON'T LET the blue idiots take over. Because they're insane. At least I can appreciate that they don't bother trying to HIDE their idiocy any more. It's out in the open.
    It's past time to stop calling them that. They are no longer the Party of Democracy. They probably never were. After all, they formed the KKK after the Civil War in order to keep the blacks in their place. They've sided with almost every enemy the US has ever had. They've taken away more American freedoms than any other institution ever formed. They're totally all in for more and more government control over every aspect of our lives. They want to disarm us so we become more like the sheeple they can control.

They're nothing more than the present day American Communist Party; hence their new moniker - Commucrats.

They are the Commucrat Party.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

Speaking of gas taxes, last summer, "Jabba the Hutt" signed legislation to not only raise the gas tax (he doubled it !) but also on license plates. The plates on my little Hyundai wet from $108 to $158 and it is likely that the same will happen to my p/u in September.
    The people who REALLY got "sticker shock" are owners of EVs. I heard their plates went to over $500 to compensate for the gas tax they are not paying.
    Gotta pay those cronies.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just got back from my local grocery store and could not believe that the toilet paper aisle looked like a ghost town. Cannot figure out what a very benign virus to most people would cause people to need a years supply of TP!?!?!

They've started to grab tp at work by the cart full, I suspect these guys are thinking they will sit on them for sexual favors or gold when the pocalypse gets going good. Coffee and booz will likely be hoarded too.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Thank the Commucrat Party for all of this.

If they have to collapse the whole US economy to get rid of Trump, they are willing to do it. They don't give a damn about our country....they just care about power.

Freedom isn't free.

The chicoms are sending Wuhan folks back to work starting today, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The chicoms are sending Wuhan folks back to work starting today, for better or worse.
    China is releasing some of the lock downs. Though I don't trust the Communist government, that's actually a good sign. They 'claim' that the number of new cases has gone down. So in the absence of other information, I can assume that if we take precautions (and not be like Italy), we'll hit a HUMP and then it will lessen as time goes on. I sure am hopeful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast