Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm getting a little worried about the future of our economy.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just got back from my local grocery store and could not believe that the toilet paper aisle looked like a ghost town. Cannot figure out what a very benign virus to most people would cause people to need a years supply of TP!?!?!
    Us too. We just did our normal weekly shopping, no shortage of any essentials, but the toilet paper aisle was empty, WTF people.
    It;s not like there weren't plenty other paper goods you could wipe your ass with, just the TP shelves were empty.

My wife joked to me that paper towels were next, we had a good laugh and while we were checking out a guy walks up with his cart full of paper towels

I grabbed a handful of paper bags, those were always my emergency shit paper
    Last edited by davepool; 03-12-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Us too. We just did our normal weekly shopping, no shortage of any essentials, but the toilet paper aisle was empty, WTF people.
    It;s not like there weren't plenty other paper goods you could wipe your ass with, just the TP shelves were empty.

My wife joked to me that paper towels were next, we had a good laugh and while we were checking out a guy walks up with his cart full of paper towels

I grabbed a handful of paper bags, those were always my emergency shit paper

I always save fast food napkins for the direst of emergencies. I also keep a copy of bf skinners beyond freedom and dignity in the loo in case the tp runs out and I'm too perturbed to go get a fast food napkin.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I always save fast food napkins for the direst of emergencies. I also keep a copy of bf skinners beyond freedom and dignity in the loo in case the tp runs out and I'm too perturbed to go get a fast food napkin.
    Well if you liked that one you should get a copy stanley milgram's "obedience to authority". The folks in the psychology business were busy in the 50's and 60's, i'm sure our government got what they paid for

This whole thing is giving me flashbacks of the 70's, coffee and sugar should be next for panic buying and then gas shortages with huge price jumps next
    Last edited by davepool; 03-13-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Well if you liked that one you should get a copy stanley milgram's "obedience to authority". The folks in the psychology business were busy in the 50's and 60's, i'm sure our government got what they paid for

This whole thing is giving me flashbacks of the 70's, coffee and sugar should be next for panic buying and then gas shortages with huge price jumps next
    Actually I'm not that worried about gas prices. The reason why the stock market took a dump last week was because of a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia. Both of them NEED cash so now they're slashing prices and ramping up production in order to get more liquid cash into their coffers. The world wide price of gas will go down as demand goes down. The only hike will be because of the supply chain breaking down which is really unlikely. What would cause that? short of a natural disaster like an earthquake or flood?.

Even during our worst gas crises in my lifetime, we never saw an interruption in the gasoline supply (even during the rationing of 1973). With us being a net EXPORTER of oil now, the crisis of 73 will never happen again.

Nice! I checked out obedience to authority, he musta been friends with old bf.

On the gas situation, I dunno how that's going to play out. i figure if we're energy independent as alleged, why is gas $2.50 just like it was when we imported? Also, Russia has pulled out the stops on production but some opec refiners are dropping production to artificially deflate the world supply. Meanwhile the shrewd businessman President Trump is refilling the strategic stockpile of oil at rock bottom prices, not letting a good crisis go to waste for the American taxpayer.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The Dems/Liberals have accomplished nothing in the past years. They are
    using this fake pandemic to wreck the Trump economy. November could put
    President Trump at risk. The Republicans need to learn the art of Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Actually I'm not that worried about gas prices. The reason why the stock market took a dump last week was because of a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia. Both of them NEED cash so now they're slashing prices and ramping up production in order to get more liquid cash into their coffers. The world wide price of gas will go down as demand goes down. The only hike will be because of the supply chain breaking down which is really unlikely. What would cause that? short of a natural disaster like an earthquake or flood?.

Even during our worst gas crises in my lifetime, we never saw an interruption in the gasoline supply (even during the rationing of 1973). With us being a net EXPORTER of oil now, the crisis of 73 will never happen again.
    I was stationed at MCAS(H) in santa ana when that crisis hit, and drove a '69 Z-28 that wasn't stock and got almost 8 MPG. It needed 105 octane leaded gas, Sunoco sold it, to run. I paid 43.9 cents/gal ( it was the spensive stuff), Once the "shortage" started it jumped to 80 cents/gal and then just slowly went away.
    So i was left with a car that could run mid 11s at OCR and couldn't afford to drive it. Tried to sell it, but no takers, kept getting asked what kind of mileage it got

I hope your right about the gas, i just worry that once this shit starts every commodity gets caught in the panic

Nice! I checked out obedience to authority, he musta been friends with old bf.

On the gas situation, I dunno how that's going to play out. i figure if we're energy independent as alleged, why is gas $2.50 just like it was when we imported? Also, Russia has pulled out the stops on production but some opec refiners are dropping production to artificially deflate the world supply. Meanwhile the shrewd businessman President Trump is refilling the strategic stockpile of oil at rock bottom prices, not letting a good crisis go to waste for the American taxpayer.
    I was a psychology student once upon a time and all of the so-called experimental psychologists worked together.

If you can find it, get " Confessions of a hope fiend" by Timothy Leary, there are some interesting stories about the involvement of our intelligence agencys in learning how to manipulate behavior

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I was stationed at MCAS(H) in santa ana when that crisis hit, and drove a '69 Z-28 that wasn't stock and got almost 8 MPG. It needed 105 octane leaded gas, Sunoco sold it, to run. I paid 43.9 cents/gal ( it was the spensive stuff), Once the "shortage" started it jumped to 80 cents/gal and then just slowly went away.
    So i was left with a car that could run mid 11s at OCR and couldn't afford to drive it. Tried to sell it, but no takers, kept getting asked what kind of mileage it got

I hope your right about the gas, i just worry that once this shit starts every commodity gets caught in the panic
    That's what the Commucrats' and Faux Media's agenda is pushing for right now.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

In the late 60s, we had a '67 Buick Wildcat with a 430 CID V-8 and a 4-barrel carb. Fortunately, it didn't need premium. One day, I was driving on a little 2-lane country road that is 10 miles long and straight as an arrow. Slowly, I increased the pressure on the gas pedal until it was 3/4 of the way down. The "parent" was dozing in the passenger seat, roused enough to look over and mumbled "Slow it down." Even though the pedal wasn't "to the floor", the odometer was reading 120.
    That baby could FLY !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Even though the pedal wasn't "to the floor", the odometer was reading 120.
    I used to love V-8s. Every V8 I've owned in my life could actually cruise at 120. Those were the days. Along desolate stretches of I-5 north of L.A. national forest it would be fun to open her up, especially when no one else was on the road. Now the interstate is packed with not only cars but TRUCKS (trucks I like, because trucks are delivering stuff to stores and such).

The Russians are trying to take American oil reserves down with low prices. We are now the Worlds leading producer of petroleum. Our profit edge and supplies are number one. We are fracking existing wells. No drilling and Canadian oil shale refining. We are controlling the World Petro markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    The Dems/Liberals have accomplished nothing in the past years. They are
    using this fake pandemic to wreck the Trump economy. November could put
    President Trump at risk. The Republicans need to learn the art of Combat.
    I can't think of a single person I know who would change their vote from Trump to anyone else over the economy or the virus.
    This reminds me of all the polls showing killary winning in 2016.

I can't think of a single person I know who would change their vote from Trump to anyone else over the economy or the virus.
    The media is going WHOLE HOG on smearing Trump, attacking him. It's even worse than I could have imagined. it's ridiculous. I have to assume that 'some' voters who just don't pay attention will be swayed by their constant LIES about him from now until November. The MEDIA is getting desperate.

Now, I think Biden will be the nominee and BIDEN is already a walking DEMENTIA PATIENT, so that campaign will be hilarious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    The media is going WHOLE HOG on smearing Trump, attacking him. It's even worse than I could have imagined. it's ridiculous. I have to assume that 'some' voters who just don't pay attention will be swayed by their constant LIES about him from now until November. The MEDIA is getting desperate.

Now, I think Biden will be the nominee and BIDEN is already a walking DEMENTIA PATIENT, so that campaign will be hilarious to watch.
    I've heard some Commucrats float the idea that we really don't need debates any more.....I wonder why....

Actually, I'm going to record that debate when it comes on.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I agree. However the U.S. economy is going to crash. Who ever is setting in Whitehouse when that happens is blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    I agree. However the U.S. economy is going to crash. Who ever is setting in Whitehouse when that happens is blamed.
    They're blaming him for everything right now. That said, if this pandemic had happened during a klinton regime, she woulda let the country burn, spread the virus as widely as possible, ensured hospitals and food supplies were in total chaos, etc, and then declared martial law. Trump is doing the opposite. Instead of bailing out wall street, he's supporting main street and American families.

They're blaming him for everything right now. That said, if this pandemic had happened during a klinton regime, she woulda let the country burn, spread the virus as widely as possible, ensured hospitals and food supplies were in total chaos, etc, and then declared martial law. Trump is doing the opposite. Instead of bailing out wall street, he's supporting main street and American families.
    Nothing's changed. That's what the Commucrats have done since before he was elected.

Same manure; different shovel.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12